Honda's HISS system

billy sugger

Hi All.

I have a CBF600 sa8 (2008), and it is fitted with Honda's HISS immobiliser system.

My query is about the light on the instrument panel and it's function.

I only bought the bike 3 weeks ago, and I am sure the HISS light flashed when the ignition was off, indicating the presence of an immobiliser on the bike, but I noticed today it is no longer doing so.

The system seems to be working correctly when the key is inserted and the ignition turned on - the light comes on for 2 seconds then goes out and the bike fires up, but I cannot find any info in either Haynes or the owners manual about it flashing with ignition off

So my question is: is the light only meant to flash when ignition is on to indicate faults or should it be on and flashing regularly to show the bike is protected when ignition is off

I would have thought that it would flash when the ignition is off as a warning to potential thieves and also flash once when the ignition is turned on as an indication that it recognises that the bike is no longer immobilised. It's probably an LED so I wouldn't be concerned about draining the battery.

I would have thought that it would flash when the ignition is off as a warning to potential thieves and also flash once when the ignition is turned on as an indication that it recognises that the bike is no longer immobilised. It's probably an LED so I wouldn't be concerned about draining the battery.

Hi fastbob.

I'm not worried about flattening the battery as I use the bike 365 days a year, what I was wondering about was is it indeed meant to flash when ignition off, and if so what could have gone wrong to stop it flashing

Hi fastbob.

I'm not worried about flattening the battery as I use the bike 365 days a year, what I was wondering about was is it indeed meant to flash when ignition off, and if so what could have gone wrong to stop it flashing

Oh , I see , sorry I didn't read it properly. So it has stopped flashing . HERE YOU GO, found it , try this.

wp_ss_20181012_0002.thumb.png.8ccbcb7d382368755c302947901e563b.png