The new PPI

fastbob

According to Money Saving Expert and various other sites banks have now set aside money to pay back to customers who have been miss sold Added Value or Packaged bank accounts. I'm pretty much ok now but for most of my life I've buried my head in the sand regarding my personal finance. I don't have one now but for many years I had a Barclays Additions account which was sold to me when I went cap in hand for a loan . Because I never actually needed or used any of the extras such as breakdown cover and travel insurance I would definitely say that I was miss sold this product .The charge was £13 a month as I recall and apparently people have already succeeded in claiming all of these fees back . I wonder if anyone else is aware of this or has even made a claim and has any tips to share .

I've not heard of a claim for that, but I'd be quids in if it is. I've had a halifax account that costs £15 a month for 8 years. But I'd feel a bit disingenuous claiming because I've used the travel insurance twice, the mobile phone insurance 4 or 5 times and the breakdown cover about 10 times. That's before the discount on my mortgage it provides too.

I've not heard of a claim for that, but I'd be quids in if it is. I've had a halifax account that costs £15 a month for 8 years. But I'd feel a bit disingenuous claiming because I've used the travel insurance twice, the mobile phone insurance 4 or 5 times and the breakdown cover about 10 times. That's before the discount on my mortgage it provides too.

I think it's safe to say that in your case it clearly wasn't missold...

We have a joint Nationwide FlexPlus account that for us is good value, as for the one monthly fee we're covered for travel insurance, mobile phone cover and breakdown. The breakdown alone save us vs getting it separately, and even picked up my wife's motorbike twice when she had a few niggling issues with it.

• 1 month later...

Well I'm not getting excited just yet but I've had an acknowledgement from Barclays that they are considering the matter. They certainly haven't rejected my claim anyway.

There one out there that will do this for you .. we did it . They did get us a huge chunk of cash back. Then f**ked us for half .. BUT we looked at it was half we would not have got .. but we could have if we had looked to lazy to .. if you do make sure once it goes over a certin amount the fees don't double that was in small print on the back of the stamp the sent the letter to us.. AGAIN we could have seen it with a telicope if we new where the small print on double fees was ..

There one out there that will do this for you .. we did it . They did get us a huge chunk of cash back. Then f**ked us for half .. BUT we looked at it was half we would not have got .. but we could have if we had looked to lazy to .. if you do make sure once it goes over a certin amount the fees don't double that was in small print on the back of the stamp the sent the letter to us.. AGAIN we could have seen it with a telicope if we new where the small print on double fees was ..

I'm not going to get anyone else involved . I'll do this myself just like I claimed PPI myself . I got £9500 and kept every penny of it . We'll I spent most of it but you know what I mean. I guess I could have made a mint just telling people how to do it themselves , its actually a piece of piss.

Natwest refused my claim as they say you only have 2 years to complain from ditching the paid for account. The financial ombudsmen agreed with them.. :roll:

They appear to have lost all records of the complaint we lodged in the local branch when we cancelled the fees.

Andy

I had the same thing when it all started I tried it and was given something like £150 such at the time was fab .Then about 3 years ago this company contacted us and said we was due for huge.pay out . We thought well we got 150 see what they did and they got 7K of the same ones told us we was only due £150 . But as i said they taken 4k off us .. still 3k up ( sort off ) then they not stopped calling emailing.texting saying we are due more . But as I told them.ill never do any business ever again with them even if it means.i.miss out on the cash

.they did find one claim I had tried and was told I was not entitled anything even theo i emailed them the charges .... so this company went after them won somthing like 2k off them but they lone company would NOT give us money back they taken it off the lone we had . But due to it still paying it off they didn't reduce any of the payments no money back we got nothing off YET WE still had to pay this ppl finding company there fees on the 2k .

They sent us all the paper work (lone company ) we.showed it to a.solicitor and they said its all above bored its right .. yet wee seen nothing of the 2k refund .. so that's one you need to.watch ..

Wont say the name of the lone company.. but it's London Cardiff .Edinburgh..Belfast.. it's half than 2 ...

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, I've just been sent a questionair and I've been given a resolution date . I'm extremely cautiously optimistic for no other reason than the fact that they haven't said no yet. Now it's down to my creative writing skills 🤞