Any dash cam advice most welcome

Slowlycatchymonkey

I've had a mobius action camera in the car for a few years, never actually needed it.

If I was to buy another camera, this is the one I'd get.

BlackVue DR650S-2CH 128 GB Dashcam https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01H3KV12U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hGjZBbY6T9873

My sister had a bump the other day, driver pulled out on her, admitted liability at the scene and then changed their mind later on. A dashcam would have solved it.

I have one of these;

https://nextdaycomponents.co.uk/shop/latest-products/transcend-drivepro-200-1080p-full-hd-dashcam-built-in-wi-fi-with-adhesive-mount?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjbveBRDVARIsAKxH7vl0dHFmWWockCKpLGDcYFzfZK00hCdVRm8zvmE4YWI1eNdd940A7h4aAtbPEALw_wcB

For the car... Definitely need a rear one. I see some crazy sh*t happen in front, but more often from behind. Might be something to do with me.

I don't bother uploading the footage unless it's something really bad or unusual. I mean, who wants to see some lard arse driving his Merc past me at 120mph, or having to brake because of a numpty not looking, when it's about as entertaining as watching snooker?

I keep it for insurance purposes, because it really helps to have one in all circumstances. It's evidence.

We bought one off Currys as I had got 1 or 2 off eBay and they was shite .so one we have now is front and back as said on here there some crazy stuff up front and behind .. we went for one.that was on offer at the time we paid £50 for it . I was £110. Reason for a rear one was we seen on TV a driving school car had stopped at lights and this nob on a push bike just crashed in to the back of the learner .in the footage he was.looking at his feet . The the nob gets up off the road and.starts ranting at the driving instructor saying he reversed in to him the driving instructor pointed to the back window and said its all on camera the nob shut up got on his bike and rode off ..leaving the learner shaken up and the back the car damaged .. so front and back is best lol

We bought one off Currys as I had got 1 or 2 off eBay and they was shite .so one we have now is front and back as said on here there some crazy stuff up front and behind .. we went for one.that was on offer at the time we paid £50 for it . I was £110. Reason for a rear one was we seen on TV a driving school car had stopped at lights and this nob on a push bike just crashed in to the back of the learner .in the footage he was.looking at his feet . The the nob gets up off the road and.starts ranting at the driving instructor saying he reversed in to him the driving instructor pointed to the back window and said its all on camera the nob shut up got on his bike and rode off ..leaving the learner shaken up and the back the car damaged .. so front and back is best lol

are you stating back door action video footage is good ?

• 3 weeks later...

Nas back door action is bit week :booty: narr narr.

I bought a cupl off eBay and they work for a bit then it was pain just to keep them working .

When they died it was a hassel sending them back

That's why we set for Currys any probs take it right back ..

Touching solid wood :scratch: as said wood lol

Its been fine . Even when we recòrded and saved it .

I got this piece of tat https://www.ebay.com/itm/183037439776

Though it's gone up in price, was 7.99 when i got it.

It's just how you'd expect a camera for 7.99 would be. Hardly full 1080p :D Does what I need it to do.

Fitted and tested today, footage below, don't expect an exciting ride, just went around local town to see how it came out. Recorded in 720p mode as 1080p footage tested in my house was no better but took up more space...may as well use 720p

Excuse the juddering, no image stabilisation on this camera, and the way I mounted it wasn't the best, picks up too much vibration...however, it will do what I got it for so it's all good.

">

basically, rubbish, but for a basic dashcam type thing, and especially once I get a less vibey mount, it'll do

I've got a NextBase 512GW which takes good footage, and has parking mode if you need that. I bought one specifically due to nearly being wiped out several times on South Mimms roundabout on family visits, where clearly any Highway Code rules don't apply. It does make me feel safer. There is also a rear camera now to match this unit.

On the car, front & rear Ddpai mini2, updates using Wi-Fi & can be adjusted using Wi-Fi on your smartphone, settings, download video etc & quite small.

DDPai mini2 Wi-Fi Dash Cam 1440P... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZZLKB9C?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

On the bike, nothing, I have a Sony action cam but the darn thing keeps powering off & corrupting the video files.

I'm sure this guy's been mentioned on here for reviews

http://www.techmoan.com/what-is-the-best-dashcam/