Did I do something wrong?

SidG

It was probably a GS don't worry about it they're all knobs :popcorn:

100% as I have to say I find guys or gals on adventurer bikes dont nod back . I thought it was just me ..well I feel bit happier now . As said above don't let it bother you .. iv passed many bikes sitting in traffic who dont filter (never understand why not that's one the funs riding a bike )

As above. I often take a very twisted route to and from work on the bike that I wouldn’t dream of doing in the car.

100% I just did that to day run out milk so i said I'll get.it . The shop is 10 mins away in the car . I went on the bike ... gone for 90mins lol .. one rule bike riding never go the str8 route .

Just let it go , there are miserable f***ers in every walk of life and you just met one of them . I've been yelled at by some Lycra clad cyclist for not riding my bicycle in the way he thought I should . Whatever you do in life there will always be some knob head ready to give you shit , it's probably down to insecurity.

Why do you care?

Because he's a top bloke who wants to make sure he's not giving bikers a bad name by being a knob.

Bizarre train of thought.

Having consideration for your actions and not wishing to be a nob is not exactly bizarre.

Because he's a top bloke who wants to make sure he's not giving bikers a bad name by being a knob.

Bizarre train of thought.

Having consideration for your actions and not wishing to be a nob is not exactly bizarre.

Genuinely, why would anyone give a flying fcuk what some random lad hell never again encounter found to shake his head at? I find it strange. The op got home in one piece. Noone got hurt. Nobody endangered anybody.

I'm puzzled.

Reflecting upon possible feedback can be a useful process though. It is surely never a bad thing to ask yourself ‘did I do right or wrong in that moment’.

It’s not necessarily a social worry- oh that person I do not know may not like me. It could be a ‘did I do something wrong that I would therefor prefer to avoid doing in future’

Reflecting upon possible feedback can be a useful process though. It is surely never a bad thing to ask yourself ‘did I do right or wrong in that moment’.

It’s not necessarily a social worry- oh that person I do not know may not like me. It could be a ‘did I do something wrong that I would therefor prefer to avoid doing in future’

:stupid: oh this is much more eloquent than how I was going to put it.

I suppose this is an alternative to ripping off their head and sh*tting down their neck then realising it was your own fault.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know where the original poster is coming from as a still freshish (year and a half) rider !

Nods round here only seem to work between the bigger bikes and certaily dont get done to scooters or L platers for some reason :roll:

I also get over critical about my filtering and my main two concerns are :

If you are overtaking stopped traffic to get to the traffic lights at the front and they change so you have to tuck back in but theres not always a space.

When filtering between traffic coming up to a roubdabout do you go right to the front or tuck back in a few cars from the front ?

As you can see - overthinking :!:

Scooters and Learners it could be becuse they not a full biker yet till you pass your test .???

As for the filtering if there is space as you all move off just fit in with out causing any one to stamp on the brakes .. if you got a bike that got some go in it if you coming to the front on the Qs open the throttle an zoom away .. passing all . Or as I said just make way back in to the line .

Guest Richzx6r

I know where the original poster is coming from as a still freshish (year and a half) rider !

Nods round here only seem to work between the bigger bikes and certaily dont get done to scooters or L platers for some reason :roll:

I also get over critical about my filtering and my main two concerns are :

If you are overtaking stopped traffic to get to the traffic lights at the front and they change so you have to tuck back in but theres not always a space.

When filtering between traffic coming up to a roubdabout do you go right to the front or tuck back in a few cars from the front ?

As you can see - overthinking :!:

Generally I always want to be at the front of the queue so if there is room I filter, and I find if you overthink it you make mistakes so decide early if you are filtering or not

I nod at anyone on a bike (not scooters) regardless of engine size :thumb:

Depends on the Harley on whether I get a nod back or not round here it seems. The big tourer types tend to ignore me. Rude! Sports bikes and nakeds give the most nods IMO, leather clad or not!

It was probably a GS don't worry about it they're all knobs :popcorn:

100% as I have to say I find guys or gals on adventurer bikes dont nod back . I thought it was just me ..well I feel bit happier now . As said above don't let it bother you .. iv passed many bikes sitting in traffic who dont filter (never understand why not that's one the funs riding a bike )

Complete rubbish!! I ride an ADV bike (albeit not a GS) and always nod and wave to other bikers .... I hope this forum isn't going down the same route as another forum I was on a while ago by stereotyping certain types of bikers, we're all bikers enjoying the same thing, regardless of whether we ride a 50cc scoot on L plates or a 1500cc Goldwing, if I wanted I could have stereotyped the rider of the CBR600 last month who overtook a wagon on a blind bend and nearly took me out head on, I don't though because I know full well that there are nobs, narccisists and rude arrogant individuals in every walk of life, the trick is to enjoy your sport the best way you can, do it safely, ride responsibly and F--- what anyone else thinks. It doesn't sound to me that Rich was doing anything wrong at all so I'd advise to just forget about it, as previously said the rider may not have been shaking his head because of anything you did :thumb:

Edited by manxie49

I have on a few occasions caught the eye of another driver, and we have both shaken our heads, to something that another driver did, so it is quite likely, he was just acknowledging, someone else's mistake with you, as has been said though, don't sweat over it :thumb: :cheers: