Mixing tyres

Guest Suzukijim

Hi people are there any problems with mixing tyres types for example bridgestone front and dunlop rears? Its for a GSX-r 600 K4. Thanks for any help.

Alright mate how yer doin, ive got a Dunlop on the Rear of my R6 and a Bridgestone on the front bud, ill be changing the rear to a bridgestone when it wears out as i want the BT016's on the front and Rear.

Matt

Edited by Anonymous

I read a thing in the bike press on this just the other day ...

The general feeling is:

tyres with the same style of construction - ie radial or cross-ply (cross-ply been more or less extinct these days I'd have thought) will behave in a similar fashion -

BUT - tyre makers don't test for mixs with other makes - so the only recommendation they can be firm on is when fitted with other tyres of their own make...

Also, as there is no effective testing (see above) there bottom line is that it is an unknown quantity and as such mixing tyres may be best avoided..

Although, in the real world, you might find that your tyres still behave well, even if mixed, but it may be wise to 'tread carefully' until (1) your new tyre is scrubbed in as per ususal, and (2) before you have explored the capabilities of the mixed tyres - ie with due caution ...

In summary, you might be okay, but be careful; and/or don't do it if you don't have to. :idea:

I have tried pairs and although the rear may be good the front poor,

or vice versa, if you can find a pair you rate go for it, if you feel that

mixing them gets you better results then :wink: I have bridgestone 020

front and back on XJR and rear I cant fault but front not so good in the wet,

but that may be more down to me not going as slow as I should :?

I read a thing in the bike press on this just the other day ...

The general feeling is:

tyres with the same style of construction - ie radial or cross-ply (cross-ply been more or less extinct these days I'd have thought) will behave in a similar fashion -

BUT - tyre makers don't test for mixs with other makes - so the only recommendation they can be firm on is when fitted with other tyres of their own make...

Also, as there is no effective testing (see above) there bottom line is that it is an unknown quantity and as such mixing tyres may be best avoided..

Although, in the real world, you might find that your tyres still behave well, even if mixed, but it may be wise to 'tread carefully' until (1) your new tyre is scrubbed in as per ususal, and (2) before you have explored the capabilities of the mixed tyres - ie with due caution ...

In summary, you might be okay, but be careful; and/or don't do it if you don't have to. :idea:

So your non commital then...politics bekons :roll:

:stupid:

For what it costs get a pair!

:stupid: I just changed mine together for Bridgestone from Dunlop on seeking pro advice :roll:

You should have got some Michellin ....

But never mind ...

Won't make much difference on a yummy-hah :twisted:

:stupid:

For what it costs get a pair!

:stupid: I just changed mine together for Bridgestone from Dunlop on seeking pro advice :roll:

But never mind ...

I was advised by quite a few to get BT01 Battleaxe...........Its all rubber to me with different tread patterns :roll:

But never mind ...

I was advised by quite a few to get BT01 Battleaxe...........Its all rubber to me with different tread patterns :roll:

Would you stop being abikual when I'm trying to insult you :twisted: :lol: :lol: