Le Riders Rest Dot Net Fest (France)

nomad

After Drewsters recent visit and his excellent feedback of RidersRest, The Lovely Wendy and I would like to invite you TMBF for a long weekend here at RidersRest It is something we have organised for two clubs we belong to at a very special price and would like to extend the offer to you too.

=========================================

Le Riders Rest Dot Net Fest 2008

Fri 5 Sep - Sat 6 Sep - Sun 7 Sep - Mon 8 Sep ?

http://www.ridersrest.net

1. arrive RidersRest Friday - Drinks & Curry - Good nights kip

2. ride out Sat 129 mile round trip Oradour-sur-Glane Take in a bit of History - - Back to RidersRest food and some cold ones.

3. Ride out Sun Rocamadour 160 mile round trip - - Back to RidersRest food and some cold ones.

4. Monday depart for ferry/chunnel or chill at Ridersrest for another night... (up to you)

It will take a day to ride down and a day back from the ferry ports.

If any one wants to stay longer that is doable too.

Accommodation Comprises:

1 double en-suite

1 double room with shared bathroom and toilet

1 twin room with shared bathroom and toilet

1 Club Room with on suite shower, bath and toilet facilities, sleeps up to 9 solo riders

The cost is 50 euros (£38 dependant on exchange rate) per person per night and includes:

Bed, lining, towel, hot showers, toilets

Breakfast

Evening meals at Riders Rest (BBQ if weather permits)

Beer Blonde and or vin rouge (yes beer & wine)

secure bike parking

Guided Tour in the Limousin Region of France

All you have to do is get here and provide your own bike petrol and lunch.

If you are interested post here and PM me and I will add you to the list and give you any other details.

We are also happy to organise similar weekend and or week breaks for any group or individuals on dates of their own choosing for the same cost so for instance if an area rep wanted to organise a trip for his area then simply pm me and we can sort it all out with you

Edited by nomad

sounds great apart from one big problem?????

we're off on our European tour, sailing from Hull on SUNDAY 31st August 2008 :?:

i think you have the wrong dates there :oops: well i hope you do if not our 3 weeks holiday will be starting off on the wrong foot :wink:

I probably won't make it again this year :cry: ...............I'm waiting for the hot tub to be fitted round the back 8)

Just on a posistive note for this chaps..........I can personally vouch for the food as being to an excellent standard as is the accomodation and hospitality not forgetting the copious ammounts of beer (How many crates do you have in the garages now Tony?). As for the roads and the two tours (which I did) they weren't bad :wink:

Anyways if you have good weather you will not have a better w/end this year peeps :D

we're off on our European tour, sailing from Hull on SUNDAY 31st August 2008 :?:

i think you have the wrong dates there :oops: well i hope you do if not our 3 weeks holiday will be starting off on the wrong foot :wink:

You can relax Bandit - Yes I have the dates wrong :shock: but no worries the dates were for illustration more than any firm booking dates, we are pretty much up to you guy's making the suggestion of a weekend (weekdays too) that are suitable. Weather is usually good in Aug but it is Skool Holiday time and expensive crossings - we could/would do weekend Commencing Fri 5th Sept most skools will be back by then...

So if you are up for it let me know and I can organise and start reserving beds etc...

:Drewster shame you wouldn't be able to make it m8

You can relax Bandit - Yes I have the dates wrong :shock: but no worries the dates were for illustration more than any firm booking dates, we are pretty much up to you guy's making the suggestion of a weekend (weekdays too) that are suitable. Weather is usually good in Aug but it is Skool Holiday time and expensive crossings - we could/would do weekend Commencing Fri 5th Sept most skools will be back by then...

So if you are up for it let me know and I can organise and start reserving beds etc...

:Drewster shame you wouldn't be able to make it m8

I did say probably........never say never :wink:

Keep it going, if I can negotiate my way round the uk this year lol its a definate maybe next year, bearing in mind I dont know how to get to Matlock unaided lol :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm VERY interested even though I moved up north last year. I've spent quite a lot of time in France and I've been to Oradour-sur-Glane before. The roads are just fantastic, a league above anything we've got in the UK. French drivers are much more bike aware than those buffoons at home, and the French people I have always found to be genuinely friendly and hospitable. I'd say a provisional yes at the moment....

Maybe not this year (or next, for obvious reasons) but definantly something I'd love to do!

Only thing is... would you be alright catering for a weirdo freak such as myself who can't eat gluten? It's already hard to find places I can eat without worrying about contamination :(

Sounds lovely. But would have to be flight and bike hire for someone like me. Plus I guess I'd have to pay twice for a double room to meself and I'm really not that rich. But hey, a gal can dream... :)

What we have done for another group is put 3 beds in the Twin room and put 3 single lasses in there with no problem, the cost is 50 euros per person per night so if a couple come and have booked a double (1st come 1st served) then it would still be 50 euros per person per night, so if 3 lasses were in the Twin room they would each pay 50 eurios per night ;) Re bike hire why not ride pillion with one of the forumee's ? work out cheaper for you both on fare and fuel ;)

Maybe not this year (or next, for obvious reasons) but definantly something I'd love to do!

Only thing is... would you be alright catering for a weirdo freak such as myself who can't eat gluten? It's already hard to find places I can eat without worrying about contamination :(

catering for Celiacs are a bit of a problem as we do not know what french food contains wheat or gluten but we would be happy to show you all ingrediants etc and let you make the choice, we usually only use fresh ingrediants and most sauces are freshly made by the Lovely Wendy. If you brought your little book of safe foods from the Celiac Society with you (do they do one for France I wonder) it would help as we can also get UK processed food stuffs but you would need to bring your own bread (perscription ?)

Edited by nomad

Sounds great Nomad.

Might come along for the ride if that's ok?

Wouldn't need accomodation as I live quite close.

This all depends on whether I can get one my bikes french registered before then. :roll:

Sounds great Nomad.

Might come along for the ride if that's ok?

Wouldn't need accomodation as I live quite close.

This all depends on whether I can get one my bikes french registered before then. :roll:

Not a problem Chris ;) I have the FJR registered but still on UK plates with the R111 but aim to have it registered by August (need to put all the standard stuff back on and am reluctant) lol - If you are so close why not ride over for a cuppa ?

Hi Nomad,

Thanks for the invite.

We live between Lubersac and Uzerche.

So next time I'm allowed a break from all the renovation work we will come over your way. :)

Will you have a problem registering the R1, as it's over 107 BHP or is less than 3 years old?

Do you need to put all the standard stuff back on because nobody is going to check the bike? No control technique (MOT) necessary for bikes as you probably already know.

The problem with my Suzuki is it's 10 years old, too powerfull and I can't get certificates of conformity for either bike. :?

Sounds lovely. But would have to be flight and bike hire for someone like me. Plus I guess I'd have to pay twice for a double room to meself and I'm really not that rich. But hey, a gal can dream... :)

What we have done for another group is put 3 beds in the Twin room and put 3 single lasses in there with no problem, the cost is 50 euros per person per night so if a couple come and have booked a double (1st come 1st served) then it would still be 50 euros per person per night, so if 3 lasses were in the Twin room they would each pay 50 eurios per night ;) Re bike hire why not ride pillion with one of the forumee's ? work out cheaper for you both on fare and fuel ;)

I don't do pillion. Sorry... :)

I'd love to ride in France again one day but it would have to be flight and bike hire as I can no longer ride that far. It won't be this year though. I've already been on holiday...

This is a great idea I think, even for a smaller group of TBMFers. Sometime in September for a weekend could work great for me and my better half as our anniversary is the 21st.

"Honey, how about a romantic weekend away in France...?"

"By the by, I may require a new motorcycle to facilitate our journey, dearest."

:D