Le Riders Rest Dot Net Fest (France)

nomad

Its my 41st birthday on the 5th, might be able to wangle a couple of days off from home, but I thought Drewster was doing some bridge riding then

Leave the bridges mate...............They've been there since before 1944 :wink: another year or so won't hurt :)

Its my 41st birthday on the 5th, might be able to wangle a couple of days off from home, but I thought Drewster was doing some bridge riding then

Leave the bridges mate...............They've been there since before 1944 :wink: another year or so won't hurt :)

thats true enough lol

Maybe not this year (or next, for obvious reasons) but definantly something I'd love to do!

Only thing is... would you be alright catering for a weirdo freak such as myself who can't eat gluten? It's already hard to find places I can eat without worrying about contamination :(

catering for Celiacs are a bit of a problem as we do not know what french food contains wheat or gluten but we would be happy to show you all ingrediants etc and let you make the choice, we usually only use fresh ingrediants and most sauces are freshly made by the Lovely Wendy. If you brought your little book of safe foods from the Celiac Society with you (do they do one for France I wonder) it would help as we can also get UK processed food stuffs but you would need to bring your own bread (perscription ?)

I was chatting to some coeliacs the other day and it seems the bigger problem, besides actually finding food we can eat, is then cross contamination whilst it's being prepared.

It's a huge thing to take on, and I'd be very grateful if you were to tackle it!

That and coeliacs, much like bikers, have a habit of making pilgrimages to places they know are coeliac friendly! You'll never get rid of us!

Maybe not this year (or next, for obvious reasons) but definantly something I'd love to do!

Only thing is... would you be alright catering for a weirdo freak such as myself who can't eat gluten? It's already hard to find places I can eat without worrying about contamination :(

catering for Celiacs are a bit of a problem as we do not know what french food contains wheat or gluten but we would be happy to show you all ingrediants etc and let you make the choice, we usually only use fresh ingrediants and most sauces are freshly made by the Lovely Wendy. If you brought your little book of safe foods from the Celiac Society with you (do they do one for France I wonder) it would help as we can also get UK processed food stuffs but you would need to bring your own bread (perscription ?)

I was chatting to some coeliacs the other day and it seems the bigger problem, besides actually finding food we can eat, is then cross contamination whilst it's being prepared.

It's a huge thing to take on, and I'd be very grateful if you were to tackle it!

That and coeliacs, much like bikers, have a habit of making pilgrimages to places they know are coeliac friendly! You'll never get rid of us!

They will if they put gluten in everything!

Fecking hell what else veggie friendly fat friendly dumdfeck friendly etc

If it dont suit ya stay away and set up your own coeliacs place ffs.

a bit unfair chaps being a celiac isn't a choice it is a medical condition and an unpleasant one at that. plus of course it kills the thread just when it was picking up momentum 8)

I don't know what a celiac is but I'm going to look it up now because we plan to open a Chambre d'hote eventually :roll: and grow organic, bio veg, meat and eggs.

It would be nice to be able to cater for people who would otherwise struggle to find somewhere. :)

We also plan to build a Gite especially for wheelchair bound people, but that's only in the planning stage at the moment. :roll:

:shock: okay back on track - there is a fair bit of interest in doing a trip to france some this Sept and some maybe in 2009.

In order to get a trip up and running I am going to need a few people to stick there hands up and say Aye :lol: or I fear the idea will just drift away - which would be a shame.

Alternatively we could shelve it for this year and let people drift over here in smaller groups or individuals for this year and for us to organise a TMBF Run to France for 2009...

whadya think ? :idea:

Ive already commited to 3 big bike runs this year Belgium , Scotland and I O M but Id be a defo for next year if its sorted out in early enough.

Its a great offer and gesture that you are offering there you can,t be making any money on that so a big thanks for that.

cheers :D

Ive already commited to 3 big bike runs this year Belgium , Scotland and I O M but Id be a defo for next year if its sorted out in early enough.

Its a great offer and gesture that you are offering there you can,t be making any money on that so a big thanks for that.

cheers :D

we should just aboout break even with that price but as Drewster will know we are about the bikes, riding and the company ;)

• 1 month later...

Awww Nice one Tony...........Brings back no so distant memories!

Really glad its taking off for you and Wendy ................I just feel so cheated though that you took them to all the places we went, I thought they were our special places

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note to self.............Must go again soon :wink:

So want to do this next year but relies on all sorts of stuff coming together so count me as a wannabe but will deff be sometime

:stupid: Would love to do it with Little dave (The Boy Not The Bike).

Well I think I can safely say if you think the Pics look great its even better when you are there...........Tony and Wendy will pull all the stops out to make your stay perfect.............They'll even serve you frogs legs if you want ! :shock:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/346/bikingholiday2008069rs9.jpg

I had a great time and was very well looked after.......I can't wait to return maybe on a Fazer with Mrs Drewster !

:roll: