ENGINE SWAP HELP

Dankinsellah2r

I doubt it, the Superdream and CMX250C/CB125T lineages are completely separate. If you want to go "big block" or whatever with the CA, looks for CMX250C (250 Rebel) or CB250 Two Fifty (and Nighthawk) or CD250U engines instead. I warn you though, they're surprisingly expensive! I think the CM200T and CD200 motors will also fit but not 100% sure on that.

Or, of course as megawatt says, you can make anything fit with a bit of engineering!

Anything's possible but if you want it to just bolt in then I very much doubt it will fit . The Super Dream engine is a stressed member that forms part of the bikes structure whereas the Rebel uses a cradle frame .

This appeared recently on the ER5 forum. What a bloody mess ( ER5 engine in an Enfield )

Ya gotta love the 15mm copper pipe in the radiator circuit....you didn't find this on Ichiban Moto, by any chance? :roll:

This appeared recently on the ER5 forum. What a bloody mess ( ER5 engine in an Enfield )

Ya gotta love the 15mm copper pipe in the radiator circuit....you didn't find this on Ichiban Moto, by any chance? :roll:

Spotted at Ardingly Bike Show apparently. At least the builder can weld 😂 And WTF is all that rope about ?

wp_ss_20181114_0001.thumb.png.6bcd4d471a38257d1b4149655d2baaec.png

In all fairness to the guy he does get about a bit so the thing presumably functions. Or maybe the stickers went on when it was an Enfield.

VKCPglJzRF2GR6tewQ3uxQ.thumb.jpg.703dae2c1300bd96e3ca51affa27a70d.jpg

It's very easy to tear somebody else's build to bits......

Judging by the state of those welds, you won't have to.....it'll fall apart on its own..... :shock: - unless that's what the rope is for... :thumb:

It's very easy to tear somebody else's build to bits, but at least he's done it. He's had a go and it's running. When will yours be running Bob? BOB!!!!

Saturday morning, about tenish . All the cosmetic work is complete now including a new under tray, re painted rear bodywork , new front mudguard , re painted headers , and frame . Also new indicators and wiring . I prefer to do all these jobs indoors because its not easy to move the bike in and out of the house because I have to disconnect the cooker to get it out of my kitchen .

Edited by fastbob