Pointless policing

MarkW

Terrorists don't exist. Certainly not on the scale the authorities would have us believe and certainly not as the professional organisations. The proof for this is that we don't have coordinated terrorists attacks happening every day, or when they do happen which is quite rare, they don't happen in multiple places at once.

:popcorn:

Terrorists don't exist. Certainly not on the scale the authorities would have us believe and certainly not as the professional organisations. The proof for this is that we don't have coordinated terrorists attacks happening every day, or when they do happen which is quite rare, they don't happen in multiple places at once.

Eerrrm 9/11 ... multiple

Maybe they're doing such an amazing job of foiling would-be plots! You never know.

Like the man walking down the street in London hitting 2 sticks together. When asked why he did it he said it's to keep the elephants away. 'But there aren't any elephants in London!' 'Exactly!'

Maybe it's a question of using available resources?

If they needed say 20 cops to police the market, do they use 20 beat bobbies and leave the swat team at the station eating do-nuts or do you put 10 regular cops and 10 swat on the market and allow the other available 10 cops to go and do some normal policing?

Probably use it as a training exercise aswell,keep them on top of their game.

We are going to the Rugby Xmas light switch on this afternoon,will see how our police handle it.

Note to self. Avoid Harrogate when I travel back to the North East as it is seemingly a hotbed of crime.

Will continue to shop in Middlesbrough until I hear otherwise.

Should be safe with all those cops

So ,plenty of police presence around Rugby but no armed officers or concrete barriers.

Maybe Harrogate was a bit OTT.

Police presence in Rugby is coz of the local thieving sh*tbags not any terrorist threat !!

So ,plenty of police presence around Rugby but no armed officers or concrete barriers.

Maybe Harrogate was a bit OTT.

Police presence in Rugby is coz of the local thieving sh*tbags not any terrorist threat !!

Yeah but if there's cops in Rugby the rest of Warks is denuded..........3 1/2 coppers only goes so far. .....

My wife used to be an intelligence analyst for the police some years ago, and some of the 'crimes' that were reported by members of the public were hilarious. I think her favourite was the daft old biddy who phoned in on an almost daily basis one Halloween to see if there had been any progress on the recovery of the pumpkin that had been stolen from outside her front door. She gave up when my wife told her that pumpkin-rustling was such a serious crime that the amount of police resource being dedicated to it was detracting from the investigation of murders and muggings, and that in order to get hers back she'd have to be able to pick it out of one of their regular pumpkin ID parades down at the station.

It was a pretty cushy job because rural Suffolk was a very low-crime area: the headline in the local paper once was "Boy questioned by police for shouting abuse through girlfriends letterbox."

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

My friend who lived in Harrogate was the victim of the poshest car jacking ever. Got in the car with a knife at the traffic lights, demanded she drives to a destination, when they got there he apologised, thanked her profusely then got out and left.

Only in Yorkshire lol

My wife used to be an intelligence analyst for the police some years ago, and some of the 'crimes' that were reported by members of the public were hilarious. I think her favourite was the daft old biddy who phoned in on an almost daily basis one Halloween to see if there had been any progress on the recovery of the pumpkin that had been stolen from outside her front door. She gave up when my wife told her that pumpkin-rustling was such a serious crime that the amount of police resource being dedicated to it was detracting from the investigation of murders and muggings, and that in order to get hers back she'd have to be able to pick it out of one of their regular pumpkin ID parades down at the station.

It was a pretty cushy job because rural Suffolk was a very low-crime area: the headline in the local paper once was "Boy questioned by police for shouting abuse through girlfriends letterbox."

:lol:

The pumpkin theft , was it in Hernebay , I nicked a massive one on way back from a pub down there 20 years back .

The pumpkin theft , was it in Hernebay , I nicked a massive one on way back from a pub down there 20 years back .

Herne Bay? A codgers paradise! Christ, I grew up there...

My better halfs nan lived there , used to stay there weekends .

Playing devils advocate I would argue the following points:

• Their privy to intel that the general public isn't

If something were to happen and god forbid it ever did, there would be the usual outcry "what were the Police doing" seems to be a no win situation for them, damned if they do damned if they don't, personally I say fair play to them for being proactive and trying to keep everyone safe.

Ha ha! No - it was from a little place called Cavenham, just outside Bury St Edmunds. :lol:

Ha ha! No - it was from a little place called Cavenham, just outside Bury St Edmunds. :lol:

That wasn't me :D

My friend who lived in Harrogate was the victim of the poshest car jacking ever. Got in the car with a knife at the traffic lights, demanded she drives to a destination, when they got there he apologised, thanked her profusely then got out and left.

Only in Yorkshire lol

It was probably a Le Creuset knife too, not some bit of chavvy Argos tat. We have a much higher class of criminal in HG1... :wink:

I worked with a chap who has been described as most british bank robber.

He was selected for Derren Browns The Heist (available on youtube - great show) and went all the way through to the end where Derren got him to do an armed robbery on a cash in transit van. He approached the custodian and came out with "Excuse me sir, I am sorry to interupt procedings but this is a hold up ..." (for those who don't want to watch whole show his main robbery is at about 40min).

And for those wondering he swears show is 100% genuine, they never once knew what they were doing and when they done queues for robbery as far as he was concerned it was his idea and just thought go for it at the time. Derren also been totally supportative and still emails them regularly to see how they are doing.