Appeal result of Module 2 test?

Quick question: Is it the short, semi-bald dude, with glasses? I've been failed by him 3 times...

yes, of course, he seems to be known by every instructor for harassing their students. If you have a complaint, you should also send it in.

Was your instructor invited to be in the room with you when you got the result?

yes, and the instructor was also shocked by the examiner's reason. I guess I could use him as a witness but I imagine they also don't want to get into the bad books of the test centre they rely on for their business.

Quick question: Is it the short, semi-bald dude, with glasses? I've been failed by him 3 times...

yes, of course, he seems to be known by every instructor for harassing their students. If you have a complaint, you should also send it in.

Was your instructor invited to be in the room with you when you got the result?

yes, and the instructor was also shocked by the examiner's reason. I guess I could use him as a witness but I imagine they also don't want to get into the bad books of the test centre they rely on for their business.

I've decided I am changing schools and the place where I will do my next mod2 attempt... After 3 times with that guys, I can't stand him anymore!!!

Surely if the guy really is this awful an official complaint is the right thing to do? We had a driving examiner down here that never passed anyone, eventually they got rid of her for not being up to standard.

This guy sounds like he needs his boses to give him a closer examination :lol:

Surely if the guy really is this awful an official complaint is the right thing to do? We had a driving examiner down here that never passed anyone, eventually they got rid of her for not being up to standard.

I've never heard of anyone who has passed with that guy...

Putting this in different words: Every time I hear someone complaining about Enfield, it's about him.

The only problem is that the complaint system requires way too much personal information, even your driver license reg number! I was about to make a complaint on him, but gave up when I saw that...

Putting this in different words: Every time I hear someone complaining about Enfield, it's about him.

The only problem is that the complaint system requires way too much personal information, even your driver license reg number! I was about to make a complaint on him, but gave up when I saw that...

Pass and then complain, he really shouldn’t be allowed to continue wasting people’s time and money let alone the distress it causes.

Pass and then complain, he really shouldn’t be allowed to continue wasting people’s time and money let alone the distress it causes.

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing...

Go for it. I worked for an institution and if you had someone that wasn’t up to standard it was really hard to do anything about it without a complaint, really you needed multiple complaints to get rid of them but yours might just be the straw that breaks the camels back!

Yes, I have, but a complaint is internal (DVSA) about his conduct and the process of an exam, an appeal is external (court) and about the outcome of an exam. I have complaints about both but the latter is harder for them to simply dismiss.

Please still do, it's a complaint to the DVSA, they have your driver license number already as they issued it to you in the first place. Plus you only need to send 2 of the 3 pieces of information they list so that could just be the theory test pass certificate number and the practical test booking reference (should be on the green form you got).

Thanks everyone. Yes, you're not supposed to take into consideration the examiner's ability to keep up.

Sort of! they do say ' ride for you not for me as well' but...

More likely for this to happen if they follow in a car but if you disappear off beyond the ear piece system and the examiner cant catch up at some point (eg if a bypass was moving but busy so nowhere for them to overtake/filter and they cant ask you to pull over), if it's within the first 30 mins of the test you can end up with 'invalid' because they werent able to witness enough of your riding.

The last 10 mins you'll be ok if you are quite a way ahead as you are usually on the way back to the centre and they've seen 30mins of riding which is enough.

• 1 year later...

Just to let you know I will be appealing against my test result no minors only thing he failed me on was not keeping up to speed on 50mph daulcarraigeway at 8 40 am in rush hour totally impossible as cars are crisscross across carriage way I know they can't change desition but have been told could possibly get free retest we all have appinion and the we complain about a certain tester something might get done thanks all

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.

I was wondering if anyone has taken the DVSA to the magistrate’s court to appeal the result of their mod 1 or mod 2 tests? I'd be interested to hear your experience and the outcome. I searched the forum but couldn't find any examples.

I recently failed my mod 2 test (the famous examiner at Enfield with the Napoleon complex) and am looking to appeal the result.

Even assuming the examiner clearly didn't follow the regulations or made up a reason to fail you, I still don't understand how you could prove it in court as it would just be your word against theirs. You're not allowed to record anything during the test and the green form they fill in has no details. So it feels like they've created an appeals process that you simply can't win.

Thanks.

Did they say you could'nt record ? There are a few guys on YouTube who recorded thier mod 2 tests?