Advice on a Decent Cheap Winter Bike

Hunts8877

Hi all,

I currently ride a Hayabusa but it is not ideal for winter weather and am thinking of doing some courier work.

My question is, on a budget of about 500-800, what suggestions do you have for a winter bike? I never really ridden in the snow before other than when I was a bit younger using a scooter.

I know, ideally, don't ride in the snow at all (should it happen) but I need something that I can rely on should I have to ride in the snow. Will I be looking at a dirt bike, enduro or something like that? If so, let me know.

Also, if you can recommend where I can buy, other that eBay and Gumtree which I am aware of, please let me know. I'm all ear.

Cheers.

I use a 2006 Honda CBF500 for exactly that purpose. Easy to ride, bulletproof reliability. I used to commute on a CB500 through all weathers. The other thing you need is good kit - keeping dry and warm is essential to riding safely in bad conditions.

I bought a 1999 zx6r in March this year as a non runner for £550 got it through mot and hey presto that’s my winter bike and it is great. The gsxr 1000 I wanted to keep clean and miles down so the zx is a sports bike but lower pegs and higher bars so more comfy and forgiving in the rubbish weather (and in the plus side too a great lil track bike for the summer so all year round use)

You can pick them up sub a grand