Kawasaki zx7r 2001 Vacuum problem

Newwave

Hi,

This is my first post! Just need some advice, I have a kawasaki zx7r 2001 all the sliders on the carburetors go up with an equal amount of pressure bar one which just flys up with no pressure when manually lifting it. On revs 1 2 and 3 lift good but 4 Doesn't move, when inspecting the diaphragm doesn't sit in the seat and actually looks smaller or needs stretching to sit properly which I can't do does anyone know where I can get a new one or second hand? Any advice on a dyno kit would be great I have the exhaust just want to know what to get. And.... When removing bypassing the vacuum air thing what does it do to the bike, trying to get as much hp as I can! Thanks guys.

Personally if you are trying to get as much HP as possible I would forget buying anything for the carbs and take the bike to someone with a dyno and experience in setting these bikes up

They will get parts cheaper for a start but they will also get the right size jets and needles and set the bike up to run perfect

After this you will have a perfectly set up bike that runs smooth and has more power :)

:stupid:

I spent too much time fiddle arsing around with my ZXR fuelling! A pro is waaaay quicker and easier if a bit more expensive.

Anyway, the diaphragm is a unit with the slider which can be bought new for ~£125. You might want to have a peek inside no1 if the slider has no resistance - sounds like it's missing the spring.

Removing the kleen air system won't do much for power but it does tidy up the top of the engine. I didn't notice anything much when I binned mine. You can buy or make the blanking plates easily enough but to do a proper job on it you really need to have the rocker cover off and fit some aluminium dowels in the exhaust bypass tube thingies.

Let us know how you get along!

I feel your pin, have a zx6r which had serious carb issues, almost ironed out but have a couple more bits to do before I can tune correctly, try wemoto they will have them but they are not the cheapest of rubbers in the world I found

Good luck

It fly's up with no resistance when manually lifting it because it's either got a big hole in it or it isn't seated correctly. It doesn't rise when revved for the same reasons . Sounds like someone has bodged it with a diaphragm off another bike . If a previous owner has done this then I dread to think what else they have done . I agree with previous replies , turn this over to an experienced expert for a back to basics set up or you will still be fiddling with it next winter.

Thanks for reply guys much appreciated, I think you're right I'll get it set up by a pro and get it running as it was ment to, new vacuum part and leave as is. Less faffing and more riding. :thumb: