ybr 2013 clocks

mikey037

hello there i wonder if you guys can help i need new clocks for my ybr 2013 injection but cant afford 100 and odd pounds at the moment but my question is will it run on cheap and cheerfuls off the net as they not 2013 or injection im not worried about rev counter just speedo and indicators is all i need to work many thanks mike.

I see what you mean, loads of clocks for £20 but they all say not for injection model. I am pretty sure that if you bought some the speedo would work ok because its almost certainly cable driven . I don't know about the tacho though. Any lights can adapted by changing the wires around I guess . I am rather surprised that there are no second hand ones on eBay given the YBRs tendency to seize or blow up .

I am rather surprised that there are no second hand ones on eBay given the YBRs tendency to seize or blow up .

Yikes. I was under the impression that the YBR was a reliable machine. Sorry to go off topic, but seeing as you mention it, is that simply due to newbies not maintaining the machines properly, or is it a fundamental flaw?

I am rather surprised that there are no second hand ones on eBay given the YBRs tendency to seize or blow up .

Yikes. I was under the impression that the YBR was a reliable machine. Sorry to go off topic, but seeing as you mention it, is that simply due to newbies not maintaining the machines properly, or is it a fundamental flaw?

Sorry, don't panic . It's just an impression I had formed based on a few posts on here a year or so ago about seized pistons combined with the fact that this happened to the YBR of a colleague of mine . The fact is that YBRs are made under licence for Yamaha by the Jianshe company which also makes a remarkably similar bike under its own label . So the puzzle is , do you pay extra for a Yamaha badge or could you get a YBR for less money with a Jianshe badge ? Anyway, change the oil and filter regularly and I'm sure you will be fine .

What's wrong with current clocks?

Anything will normally work with anything it just depends how much time and effort you're willing to put in to make it work and skill level. In which case it may be easier to repair current clocks?

Thanks, FastBob. In that case, to return to the original post, perhaps it is possible to purchase the spares from the Jianshe company.

Interesting idea, I couldn't find any Jianshe clocks knock off or otherwise.

jianshe-125-0km-2018-ybr125-S_812201-MLA27320393463_052018-F.jpg.eb41da7eb3b59e81fcf12f972616141e.jpg

thats great thanks guys for your help... my original clocks were smashed by thiefs and i just cant afford to replace them at the moment but need for work if they cant steal them here they just ruin them knowing that it will run with different clocks is great huge piece of mind thanks guys and have a great christmas everyone many many thanks. mike.