How much fuel can you fit in a Yamaha MT07?

SometimesSansEngine

I didn't think he'd take it as well as he did before the lady came out - he seemed pretty tetchy initially.

I'll be relatively fair to the guy, after his initial whining he wasn't rude to the worker. Probably helped him, having done customer facing stuff if someone treats you like a human you're more likely to argue for them. She seemed to be going up to the level she was authorised and I wouldn't be surprised if he argued his side on the phone to the manager.

Why all those keys?! His poor yoke.

I didn't think he'd take it as well as he did before the lady came out - he seemed pretty tetchy initially.

They're lock keys - an unfortunate necessity these days.

I use a basic carabiner and remove all my other keys before I put my bike keys in the ignition. Can't stand loads of keys rattling around.

Another imbecile who thinks it clever to rattle the garage staff by filling up while sitting on the bike . If he had left the nozzle in the tank instead of lifting it out to get a few extra squirts it would have cut out automatically. Then he would have had to squeeze the lever again and that would have released the catch that locks the lever in place for large fill ups . No surprise that someone with such a limited grasp of the English language would struggle to understand a petrol pump. All credit to the prompt response of the lady with the fire extinguishers. Moron .

Another imbecile who thinks it clever to rattle the garage staff by filling up while sitting on the bike . If he had left the nozzle in the tank instead of lifting it out to get a few extra squirts it would have cut out automatically. Then he would have had to squeeze the lever again and that would have released the catch that locks the lever in place for large fill ups . No surprise that someone with such a limited grasp of the English language would struggle to understand a petrol pump. All credit to the prompt response of the lady with the fire extinguishers. Moron . EDIT.. I've looked at it again, maybe the lever was faulty, its hard to tell but I reckon that a good squeeze rather than jiggling the lever with the other hand would have freed the catch . I guess it wouldn't have been my first reaction either to squeeze harder on a pump that's already gushing fuel . I'll have to have a closer look next time I fill up at a BP.

Edited by fastbob

Maybe I've not used enough fuel pumps in my time, but I've never used one with a catch that locks the lever in place...?

He tries pushing the lever in and forcing it back out, you see it clearly moving freely in and coming back out but the flow still keeps going.

So if I'm ever in that predicament, could somebody let me know how to release the catch?

Maybe I've not used enough fuel pumps in my time, but I've never used one with a catch that locks the lever in place...?

He tries pushing the lever in and forcing it back out, you see it clearly moving freely in and coming back out but the flow still keeps going.

So if I'm ever in that predicament, could somebody let me know how to release the catch?

The catch is for people who's fingers get tired easily when they buy a very large amount of fuel . As far as I am aware all petrol pumps have them but I've never used one . The idea is to stick it in the car , squeeze the lever and engage the catch and then stand with your hands in your pockets until it cuts out automatically. After that I honestly have no idea what you do but hopefully someone will tell us . I presume you flick the catch off or maybe you squeeze the lever, I'm not sure now that I've thought about it .

The catch is for people who's fingers get tired easily when they buy a very large amount of fuel . As far as I am aware all petrol pumps have them but I've never used one . The idea is to stick it in the car , squeeze the lever and engage the catch and then stand with your hands in your pockets until it cuts out automatically. After that I honestly have no idea what you do but hopefully someone will tell us . I presume you flick the catch off or maybe you squeeze the lever, I'm not sure now that I've thought about it .

All have the capability, but every one I've seen in the UK has been disabled so it won't lock on.

Which leads me to believe this is a faulty pump not user error.

Yeah UK ones are disabled, may work on HGV pumps but not normal consumer ones, when filling up car I normally sick fuel cap in the handle to jam it on, will still cut out when filled and I'm not stupid enough to remove it while still filling up (hence disabled here :lol:)

Have seen similar happen to another biker before who was watching the counter and auto cut off failed, he was standing there oblivious still watching it flying up while fuel was pouring out the tank.

Wouldn't happen to me ... in the village where I live a bloke with a really bad limp ( due to the fact he wears one of them massive cripples boots ) comes out in a smart pair of white overalls and fills the bike for me and wipes my visor clean as well .

All have the capability, but every one I've seen in the UK has been disabled so it won't lock on.

Which leads me to believe this is a faulty pump not user error.

Fair enough.

Wouldn't happen to me ... in the village where I live a bloke with a really bad limp ( due to the fact he wears one of them massive cripples boots ) comes out in a smart pair of white overalls and fills the bike for me and wipes my visor clean as well .

I suspected you lived in a village.

I suspected you lived in a village.

It's more of a Hamlet Bob ... Only an idiot would live in a village .

What.A. Twat. ......At first, thought all the excitement was about the fire hazard. Bloody right.....thst's why you should NEVER sit on a bike while you're refilling it.....makes it a bit difficult to run away when it all goes wrong, and the bike ALWAYS falls over when your (now human torch-like) form staggers away from the blaze and spills thd rest of the fuel in the tank. .....but no, "I ain't paying for that. .....".....we are simply better off without some people......Darwin's Law in action again. And just to stir the pot, why was he actually filming the refuelling process anyway? Hardly "prime-time" stuff.

And just to stir the pot, why was he actually filming the refuelling process anyway? Hardly "prime-time" stuff.

That's how action cameras work...

But on a more serious note, it's more of a faff to turn them off and on. Than just leave it running