What bike to buy

Max farley

I got a 50cc bike on my 16th birthday.....It was great.....I've never looked back. Most 50cc bikes are step through scooters, but there are a few more traditional looking ones around. What to buy depends largely on your budget and what's around.....try to keep an open mind and look at as many places where they're for sale as possible..... 8-)

I did my CBT on my 16th birthday and was out on the road the same day on my DT50MX.

If you can find one of those they are great fun! Getting collectable now too..

You started on a DT50 as well? :D .

Yep, my first DT50 was when I was 10 years old. It was the old twin rear shock model. Far too big for me, chopped a chunk of foam out of the seat.

Great bike wish I still had it, it's collectable now!

I did my CBT on my 16th birthday and was out on the road the same day on my DT50MX.

If you can find one of those they are great fun! Getting collectable now too..

Yep, my first DT50 was when I was 10 years old. It was the old twin rear shock model. Far too big for me, chopped a chunk of foam out of the seat.

Mine was a J reg one, went all the way to Cambridge to get it a couple of weeks before I was 16 in early 1999 and going up in the van to get it, remember being so excited when I’d done my CBT and having that independence and I thought the bike was awesome too!.

As soon as I was 17 I moved up to an RS125 which was another level it felt SO quick!, good times :mrgreen: .

Mine was a J reg one, went all the way to Cambridge to get it a couple of weeks before I was 16 in early 1999 and going up in the van to get it, remember being so excited when I’d done my CBT and having that independence and I thought the bike was awesome too!.

As soon as I was 17 I moved up to an RS125 which was another level it felt SO quick!, good times :mrgreen: .

I went from a DT50 to Aprilia AF1. Good times indeed.

I went from a DT50 to Aprilia AF1. Good times indeed.

That’s a very similar start to biking, what did you move on to after the AF1?, I did my test and went for an RVF400 after the RS125, another bike I really wish I still had!.