Please wear correct helmets!

newbiker90

Okay few lessons from this video, just to let everyone know the guy was okay, thankfully his quick reaction to stand up or because his breaks made him do so - saved his life, because he stood up his head did not smash into the 4x4. But I just wanted to share this video because look at his helmet. Please everyone wear the right helmets make sure they fit! Also how dumb is that driver she managed to not see 1 but 2 motorbikes, we are really invisible huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXSMYPz9kwM

Edited by newbiker90

Yea steady on you can call a driver a knob but not a knob because of gender.

I would suggest fastening the helmet properly would have helped, unless he had a very big helmet (I know) and a small head.

Both of those bikes had a clear view of what was happening, Mr L plate was probably too busy chalking up a pass on the other bike.

Also how dumb is that driver she managed to not see 1 but 2 motorbikes, we are really invisible huh.

Looks like a guy to me!

Typical bloody man :evil:

Edited by Fleck

Also how dumb is that driver she managed to not see 1 but 2 motorbikes, we are really invisible huh.

Looks like a guy to me!

Typical bloody man :evil:

Yup most of them are useless pricks behind the wheel

as are women

actually as are most drivers regardless of gender :mrgreen:

Looks like an unbuckled helmet to me.

It never ceases to amaze me how many times this happens (on YouTube videos, I mean) when it appears that the bike could have stopped or taken evasive action. Going too fast, not concentrating, or just riding like an idiot - as bikers we have to take responsibility for our own safety, and riding defensively needs to become a mind-set to avoid incidents like these.

Edited by learningtofly

Biker was lucky ......and yeh it was fella driving , I bet the woman was nagging him about something and that caused it.

Dumb ass comment falling short of sattire.

Never been told "look at me while I'm talking to you"...

Biker was lucky ......and yeh it was fella driving , I bet the woman was nagging him about something and that caused it.

Dumb ass comment falling short of sattire.

How do you know ... was you in the car :roll: your more of a DICK Dastardly .

Clearly the helmet was not properly fastened, not something I see rarely.. in fact its really quite common especially for scooter riders. (I'm not in any way anti scooters)

I remember the last time I did it.. it completely freaked me out and I pulled over straight away to fasten it even though it meant having to take my gloves off.

I believe that the fine is the same as wearing no helmet at all. possibly a £500 fine.

thankfully his quick reaction to stand up or because his breaks made him do so - saved his life, because he stood up his head did not smash into the 4x4.

What? Did I watch the same wideo? He took no evasive (I'm not even sure he braked) and smashed straight into it! Maybe if he'd have been awake he might not have hit it.

I remember the last time I did it.. it completely freaked me out and I pulled over straight away to fasten it even though it meant having to take my gloves off.

When I passed my mod 2.

Was so chuffed I put my helmet on without doing the strap up.

But I realised within about five metres of riding, stopped before we exited the car park. I stopped and waved and my instructor, who looked in his mirror, saw what I was doing, laughed and said "yes you want to get that sorted".