bike meets

Shakes and angel

Welcome to TMBF mate. ......... 8-)

There's a bike night at the White Swan in Conington near St Ives on Tuesday evenings......but only the die hards go there during the winter months..... :wink:

There's normally a good gathering on Hunstanton seafront on Sundays in the summer.

Crazy Horse customs in Bury St Edmunds is another popular meeting place during the warmer months.

Soggy Moggy rally at Wood Green animal shelter near Godmanchester in September is a good one.

Carol Nash / MCN Festival of Motorcycling at Peterborough showground in May isn't too bad, but a bit pricey......although, they do have some reasonable entertainment on the Friday and Saturday evenings.

Unfortunately , generally speaking , bike meets tend to come and go in the Midlands. As soon as one gets popular the druggies on quad bikes etc start turning up . Wheelies and police baiting ensue and before long someone gets hurt or worse and that's the end of that.

Unfortunately , generally speaking , bike meets tend to come and go in the Midlands. As soon as one gets popular the druggies on quad bikes etc start turning up . Wheelies and police baiting ensue and before long someone gets hurt or worse and that's the end of that.

I got prevented from making lawful progress to the Waterman at Hatton by the Police many many years ago ...

There had been much ‘spirited’ riding in the weeks before.

I was threatened with arrest for not complying with their directions, almost came close to punching the officious twat (again) things were getting feisty the more of us they stopped, so a few meat wagons turned up, not wanting to see the inside of a one again I f*cked off spraying gravel up the side of the van ( childish I know but deeply satisfying).

I think I heard that they stopped the wrong guy ( barrister) who caused them a load of shit and they just stuck to heavily policing all the roads nearby on a Wednesday night until everyone pissed off somewhere else.

I got prevented from making lawful progress to the Waterman at Hatton by the Police many many years ago ...

There had been much ‘spirited’ riding in the weeks before.

I was threatened with arrest for not complying with their directions, almost came close to punching the officious twat (again) things were getting feisty the more of us they stopped, so a few meat wagons turned up, not wanting to see the inside of a one again I f*cked off spraying gravel up the side of the van ( childish I know but deeply satisfying).

I think I heard that they stopped the wrong guy ( barrister) who caused them a load of shit and they just stuck to heavily policing all the roads nearby on a Wednesday night until everyone pissed off somewhere else.

I heard that one reason for the heavy handed policing at the Waterman was because droves of spectators were turning up in cars to watch the "show" and parking all over the place on grass verges and residents driveways. Plus the Pub wasn't making much money on the night and they were loosing trade on other nights because people were put off by the fear of not being able to park . A shame because I used to go there a lot . My earlier comments were aimed mostly at Bassets Pole , you could smell the weed before you even got round the roundabout.