Self riding bmw

Bender

Somebody buy the video publisher a dictionary. that bike may be a lot of things but Autonomous it isnt.

its radio controlled.. with some nifty mechanics doing the work aided in no small part by the bikes innate stability due to the huge amount of gyroscopic forces generated by the boxer engine and drive train

I would love a look in those corned beef cans.. :mrgreen:

Thanks, that was fascinating. Wonder if this could ever have any actual use. i don't see automated bikes catching on like cars will some day (this bike seemed remote controlled with a set path rather than being automated, but I could be wrong) :)

Yea the stop is cool .. but what's the bloody point.of this . So if it's raining as little bit and.i am 50 _50 to go out for a ride so I send the bike out while I sit on the settee . An when the mrs says oi you not put the bin out or cut the grass ...... sorry love im out for a.ride .........mmmmmm I WANT ONE lol

Somebody buy the video publisher a dictionary. that bike may be a lot of things but Autonomous it isnt.

its radio controlled.. with some nifty mechanics doing the work aided in no small part by the bikes innate stability due to the huge amount of gyroscopic forces generated by the boxer engine and drive train

I would love a look in those corned beef cans.. :mrgreen:

No I'm pretty sure it's not radio controlled.

Yea the stop is cool .. but what's the bloody point.of this.

It doesn't have any point.. aside from looking impressive.

Folks have said that about everything, from indicators to condoms, in the right situation it's all useful 😁

Just wait till your bike can come pick you up from work, no six not that kind of bike.

"Instead, BMW says that exceptionally advanced R1200GS has been developed to improve the safety features of upcoming models. According to the company, future technologies will allow its motorcycles to classify a rider’s behavior and determine a dangerous situation before anything happens."

No thanks!

"Instead, BMW says that exceptionally advanced R1200GS has been developed to improve the safety features of upcoming models. According to the company, future technologies will allow its motorcycles to classify a rider’s behavior and determine a dangerous situation before anything happens."

No thanks!

Just had a rider up here with no other vehicle involved killed hitting a lamppost coming off a perfectly good road in rush hour,I think that's the sort of thing they are trying to mitigate, no idea what went wrong but a computer would likely not be hitting the lamp.

Can't see it myself, if my bike did anything "autonomous" I would instinctively try to fight it . The only on board computer I want controlling my bike is my brain .

Interesting technical exercise I suppose.

I think it was Volvo a few years back who developed a system that would park your car for you as in stop outside a shop, get out and the car would bugger off, find a space and park. Then when you'd finished it would come and pick you up.

Imagine if you'd got to work and realised you'd left your pastie at home. :shock: You could just send it off to go and pick it up for you.

Maybe this is why BMW cars when entering a motorway immediately cut across all 3 lanes to cruise in the right hand lane. The software must not realise we drive on the left in the UK.

Yeah my car does that sometimes - annoying.

Maybe this is why BMW cars when entering a motorway immediately cut across all 3 lanes to cruise in the right hand lane. The software must not realise we drive on the left in the UK.

Audis are notorious for this software fault as well