Kawasaki KH125 K5 1990

Hi all,

New on here, I found this forum looking for help with a little KH125 I am trying to fix up for the missses to pass her test on. i have been on with this little thing for quite a while and I still cannot seem to get a spark at the plug from it.

As far as I am aware, the battery is only needed for the lights etc, & the motor runs straight from the magneto.

I have tried,

New plug/points/condenser/ignition coil

At one point I found that there was no charge coming from the source coil so I did a home rewind with some wire a guy from a winding place gave me, the correct size (nice helpful bloke actually) but although I did start to get some output, still no spark.

I then found a whole new used stator plate complete with points & everything on Ebay which I hoped would do the trick, still no luck.

The only thing I've not tried is buying a battery which I am now considering.

Short of chucking the whole thing into the Tyne I'm just about at my whits end here so any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance Pete