Piaggio MP3 for riders with poor balance?

sivikasi

Hi,

I've always wanted to ride but my balance is too poor. I found even crawling along on a 2 wheeler impossible.

I've been looking into trikes as possibly being the answer as they have better stability. I would imagine that the "proper" wide rear-wheeled trikes like the HD tri-glide would be ideal but I can't afford that right now.

I was wondering about the Piaggio M3? Is it noticeably more stable than a 2-wheeler? Does it still need balancing at higher speeds?

Any help or advice is gratefully received

I'm going off second-hand knowledge here, so might be best to check specific piaggio forums..

Not sure what you mean by balancing at higher speeds, motorcycles are naturally balanced at higher speeds anyway. I would have thought lower speeds were more of an issue, setting off, slowing to a stop, manoevers etc?

In which case I would expect an mp3 to be easier to handle, it will definitely be more stable at lower speeds.

However you will still need to lean into corners, certainly the bike will, in that respect it's the same as a 2- wheeler.

Thought I'd posted this before .....

The MP3 needs to be balanced, it rides just like a 2-wheeler, so no - if you can't balance a 2-wheeler, the MP3 is no good for you.

What it can do is allow you to mount, put your feet up, start the engine and ride off, never putting your feet down at junctions, red lights etc, until you come to a stop to park. Pressing a button just before you stop locks the tilt mechanism so you don't have to balance at a standstill. Stop the engine, dismount and you can push it around without having to balance it (although it's as heavy as a BMW R1200GS !).