wireing in multiple devices.

Pbassred

I plan to add thing to my bike; Heated grips, lights, USB charger. It can't all just double up on the battery terminals. Is it possible to buy some kind of secondary fuse box?

Look up Rowe Electronics PDM60

www.pdm60.com

It's great if you want to programme in delays, and each device has it's own circuit protection (without having to use or replace fuses).

If you don't need or want anything so sophisticated, the fuse box holder recommended by via is probably the simplest / safest way to go.

Use a relay switch on the power supply then if wired correctly you cant leave your accessories powered up with the ignition off so no coming back to a dead battery because you left your camera or sat nav power supply on

Can you give a bit more explanation about what this is, and how to fit it? Thanks!

Have a look at this. It shows a relay circuit for heated grips but just replace the grips with “other things”. The relay is available from Halford or eBay or Amazon.

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64954&hilit=Heated+grips

The switch source is any live circuit with the ignition on. Most bikes that have the lights on with ignition could use the feed to the rear lamp. Just splice into the wire with a wire tap. Or scotch lock if you have to.

HTH

Any question just ask

Do all devices always need to be directly connected to the negative terminal on the battery?

No. If there is an easily accessible earth point near to the device use that. However in a lot of instances it is easier to go directly to the battery negative.

Do all devices always need to be directly connected to the negative terminal on the battery?

Hello, When I had a ER6 I took a feed from the rear light as a switch to the relay. I placed the relay between the frame and the plastic side panel to the side of the seat. I then put a small fuse box ( 4 fuses) under the seat and ran the supply fro the batter via the ray to the fuse box. From the box I powered Sat Nave heated grips, usb socket and a dashcam Earths depended on the location of the device either the battery or the frame if there was a good earth spot near by.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a relay in Halfords and a 4 way fuse box in another car parts shop. I spliced into the tail light wire (soldered and sleeved.

The relay itself needs an earth. On the CBR500 there is an earth bolt under the left fairing. However it looked crowded for multiple devices so I ran one wire from it to another bolt to make a second earthing point. So that gave me an earth for the relay and space to ground lots besides.

I ran one wire from the battery Positive to the relay and a wire out of the relay to the fuse box. I daisy chained the hot side of the fuse box together. The other side is what I can drive stuff from. I mounted the relay and fuse box on velcro under the seat. It can't go anywhere.

So now I need to find things to connect to it - new post.