Big bike choice.

Phill

That Fazer is almost exactly like my old one, including colour and mileage (roughly). I bought it for under 2K and commuted on it for about 6 years. Then sold it for a decent price. Don't forgo buying something (and thereby deny yourself a decent machine) just because you think you might not get a decent resale. As long as there are new riders wanting a 'safe and easy' first big bike there is always the chance of decent resale.

Go for it.

That can happen with any bike lol, crash bars don't look out of place on a v strom so no worries dropping it, fazer is a bit more sporty but the v strom is comfiest.

Can't go wrong with a vstrom, robust, cost effective and a trusted fun engine

[mention]mikestrivens[/mention]

i'll give it a try with Total Car Check then.

[mention]MikeHorton[/mention]

I can't seem to find one in my area! They're like £3000+. Not prepared to pay that much on a bike.

@mikestrivens

i'll give it a try with Total Car Check then.

@MikeHorton

I can't seem to find one in my area! They're like £3000+. Not prepared to pay that much on a bike.

The fazer does look good, as long as it's well maintained the mileage may not be an issue. Take a look and maybe don't make a decision on the spot

@MikeHorton

that's why i have a friend coming with me so he can slap my hand just in case :lol: .

Top tip when looking at a bike

Don't walk up going wow its ace I love it like my mate did with a car which screwed us for haggling :roll:

Try and hold back the excitement in front of the seller :)

And I bought it! Haggled it down to £1300 plus a tank of fuel on him(it was empty) and the bloke drove it to my place 35 miles away, saving me the hassle and fuel for another trip!

The bike has all the service entries paperwork sincec the first service at 500 miles to the current date, plus valve checks at 28k service. And it's being serviced in December 2018 so no service for 6000 miles!

Oh boy the bike goes like stink compared to the 125! It's likes turbine, roll on the throttle and it picks up speed smoothly, way smoother than the sv650 which I have learned on.

Was grinning all the way to work this morning, overtakes are effortless!. The engine is really smooth after it's warmed up. I had to remind myself how to work the choke this morning.

Happy days!

Just have to Check the chain misagligment since I can feel the chain knocking at lower speeds, I'll to to he garage since I haven't got a powerful enough torque wrench(it needs 117nm and my wrench goes at 107 max)

20190127_144439.thumb.jpg.eabc2188fa358e6812151ba160767e42.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

[strikeout]Find in good condition old model Fazer FZS600 foxeye. Made 2001-2003.[/strikeout]

Congrats the best bike ever! :thumb:

I wish I never sold mine :crybaby:

The bike is build like a tank. The only issue is check front sprocket nut, the original one has a defect.

Details here: http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,17673.msg204038.html

Just have to Check the chain misagligment since I can feel the chain knocking at lower speeds, I'll to to he garage since I haven't got a powerful enough torque wrench(it needs 117nm and my wrench goes at 107 max)

Great choice of bike !

Last time I had a chain knocking, the only cure was a new chain. Had me puzzled for a while because the old chain looked good and measurement said it wasn't worn out, but there was a knocking with the old one and none with the new. Worth a thought maybe ? At least if the alignment check is OK and it still knocks.

@g[mention]gogs01[/mention]

It needed a new chain apparently. No more knocks now! And the gearchanges are smoother!

Went for JT o-ring chain, they had it in stock and they've fitted it while I was waiting there. The sprockets are good, plenty of life in then.

At least I won't have to bother with the chain for a long time now.

• 2 weeks later...