New bike advice

James.

Morning everyone,

So, I'm looking for a motorcycle that I can commute on for about 15miles or 20km everyday and the everyday speeding on the freeway, one of the things that I need is some sort of cargo area to put my helmet during class and my gym bag for later in the day, next year I'm going to college, but I'm not sure if I get in in the one that's 10km from home or the one that's 65km from home, confort is something kind of important since a lot of roads where I live are in stone, the type of stone that you see in the Italian streets.

Once a year for about 2weeks I say at a beach house and I travel with the clothes for about 50km.

I love the twisties, but have never experienced off road on a motorcycle.

Any motorcycle I chose has to have a max 35kw.

Im coming from a yamaha xmax 125, that I don't really like, so the bike that I'll buy will kind of be my first bike, although I have quite a lot of hours in city traffic from taking my drivers test.

With this I came to the conclusion of a naked or an adv bike, for naked is was thinking of the z650

As an adventure bike I was looking at the f700gs used, I've riden it and it's amazing, height isn't that big of a deal I can manage.

Any help would be of use, thank you.

I really wanted the Z650 when I passed my test in August, until I rode it and personally I found the vibration to be so bad that it really put me off (I did my test on one).

I tested a couple of bikes and went with the Ninja 400 in the end which I am very pleased with.

Being a shortass I cant give much opinions on adventure bikes as I find them a little too intimidating sizewise. If I was to go for a naked though id recommend the MT07 or SV650, both great bikes and in the same bracket at the Z650 :D

Hello and welcome [mention]James[/mention] . Any bike you choose for today will not be the final one you end up with. Go for what suits your purpose now and then part exchange it when you move to the A licence. Personally for commuting I love the ADV style bike as it enables you to look above the traffic and filter (with care) easily. Crouched down on a sports bikes would not suit me, but then I'm of an age where the knees aren't what they used to be. The F700GS would hold its value as would any Japanese bike. Don't go down the route of Chinese bikes if you are likely to swap in the near future as they lose a lot of their value quickly.

I really wanted the Z650 when I passed my test in August, until I rode it and personally I found the vibration to be so bad that it really put me off (I did my test on one).

I tested a couple of bikes and went with the Ninja 400 in the end which I am very pleased with.

Being a shortass I cant give much opinions on adventure bikes as I find them a little too intimidating sizewise. If I was to go for a naked though id recommend the MT07 or SV650, both great bikes and in the same bracket at the Z650 :D

Thanks for the advice

Hello and welcome @James . Any bike you choose for today will not be the final one you end up with. Go for what suits your purpose now and then part exchange it when you move to the A licence. Personally for commuting I love the ADV style bike as it enables you to look above the traffic and filter (with care) easily. Crouched down on a sports bikes would not suit me, but then I'm of an age where the knees aren't what they used to be. The F700GS would hold its value as would any Japanese bike. Don't go down the route of Chinese bikes if you are likely to swap in the near future as they lose a lot of their value quickly.

Thanks for the advice, the adv style besides being very practical, I quite like the look