YBR125 won’t start

LukeXF

Bike has been not used in 8 months (I’ve been away). Kept in a dry underground Carpark.

Turning on the ignition about 2 months ago wouldn’t work. Recently I’ve been on a mission to fix it.

Here’s where I’m at;

• I’ve replaced the battery with a brand new Halfords one.

• Taken our the spark plug and tested it - it has a good spark

• it turn over fine, but doesn’t start

• Tried bump starting it in 2nd but nothing

• Turning on the key, the engine light comes and pump primes (the sound) for a second or so, then they light goes off

• indicators, brakes and the front light are all functional when the key is turned on

• there’s 3/4th fuel in the tank, the petrol smells like... petrol

YBR 125 2010 model. Full service history up until this year. Any suggestions? I think it might be a fuel problem now. Next attempt is to look at the fuel injector.

YBR's are difficult to start!

Has it got a choke

To start Sue's (06) full choke, no throttle, use kick start if battery flat.

once it starts do not even breathe on the throttle for ages, then turn choke down slowly,

then try revving it.

All bikes are different though! yours might be completely different! :lol:

Hello and Welcome by the way! :lol:

Bike has been not used in 8 months (I’ve been away). Kept in a dry underground Carpark.

Turning on the ignition about 2 months ago wouldn’t work. Recently I’ve been on a mission to fix it.

Here’s where I’m at;

• I’ve replaced the battery with a brand new Halfords one.

• Taken our the spark plug and tested it - it has a good spark

• it turn over fine, but doesn’t start

• Tried bump starting it in 2nd but nothing

• Turning on the key, the engine light comes and pump primes (the sound) for a second or so, then they light goes off

• indicators, brakes and the front light are all functional when the key is turned on

• there’s 3/4th fuel in the tank, the petrol smells like... petrol

YBR 125 2010 model. Full service history up until this year. Any suggestions? I think it might be a fuel problem now. Next attempt is to look at the fuel injector.

To check the ECU is earthing undo the electrical connector to the injector connect a test light between the two wire on the harness side, crank the engine and see if the lamp flashes ( if you have a noid lamp do it with that)

If you have a decent battery and spark I would drain all the petrol out and put half a gallon of fresh petrol in. If your bike has a carb drain the float bowl to. Petrol goes off after a month or to, once you are up and running mix the old petrol with the new stuff to use it up.