Insurance

Grumpy Old Git

Ok, so renewal time.

I WAS with BikeSure who sent me a renewal Email advising that this renewal was '6% less than the comparative price from last year'.

I checked the attached renewal document and, guess what - It had gone up by over 108%!!!!!!!!

On-line comparitor accessed.

I am now renewing with MCE who, for exactly the same cover, came in at one-third of the BikeSure renewal price (and CHEAPER than last year!). :thumb:

Spoke with BikeSure and, after about 5 minutes on the phone, they offered me a 'better price' which was still just over twice the price from MCE!

At the end of the call (confirming I will not be renewing with them), they then had the cheek to ask if I wished to consider car, house or Life Insurance with them..................................... :tumble: :tumble: :tumble:

Obviously BikeSure don't want/need my custom. :booty:

I'm with MCE at the moment but have not made a claim (hopefully won't) and they were cheaper for me last year as a born again biker. They were half the price of Bikesure. I'll be interested to see what there renewal quote comes in at.

It’s a dance that happens every year. Get a renewal, see it’s god knows how much more than last year, go on price comparison website and get a cheaper price by a good margin. Some times I’ve even had a cheaper price on the comparison website with the same bl**dy company! So cancel and renew as a new customer.

I'd never insure with MCE. Rip of merchant charge you £40 for absolutely everything!

They didn't charge me to move home tbf. As of yesterday I'm now with admiral though as they were cheaper.

It’s a dance that happens every year. Get a renewal, see it’s god knows how much more than last year, go on price comparison website and get a cheaper price by a good margin. Some times I’ve even had a cheaper price on the comparison website with the same bl**dy company! So cancel and renew as a new customer.

This one really gets on my tits .. even when you call them back and say iv been quoted a cheaper price by you on line why can't you do the same on the phone ..ooo its because your a new customer REALLY so basicly feck off old customers and hi to new ones .. which next year will be old ones . So you might as well say feck off now save me waiting a year ..

Other one is when you been with a company who have pi$$ed you off and you say you won't be going with them ever again ( benns in the name )

Then go on a web site pick another company when the paper work comes thro the post .. it's with the company who pi$$ed you off aAaaaaaaahhhhhh

I'd never insure with MCE. Rip of merchant charge you £40 for absolutely everything!

They didn't charge me to move home tbf. As of yesterday I'm now with admiral though as they were cheaper.

Lucky! Charged us £40 for the pleasure of updating our details, and another £70 for making the bike more secure (by being in a garage...)

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

I had loads of trouble with them

Also while on the subject of bikesure you may all notice that they no longer have a banner on here!

I have removed it as in the last year I have had next to nothing off it so that just goes to show their prices aren't competitive!

I maybe looking at another company but it may be something like compare the market who pay per quote

Also while on the subject of bikesure you may all notice that they no longer have a banner on here!

As they were a forum sponsor I always clicked on the banner and let them get me a quote but never once did they come close to others sadly.

As they were a forum sponsor I always clicked on the banner and let them get me a quote but never once did they come close to others sadly.

I must say they didn't do me any favours for insurance either although at the start a lot of people had really good quotes

Just went with Hastings too. New rider as of last year. Bennets was cheapest at £235 for first year, just sent me a renewal quote for £258, thought it would’ve been cheaper seeing as I now have 1 years experience and NCD, but no. Did a price comparison, went for Hastings at £138. Excess was also half of Bennett’s.

I had the annual run around with my insurer Carole Nash over Xmas.

My renewal was £60 more than last year, got some online cheaper quotes and rang them up saying I wanted to leave.

Hold on sir, let's see what we can do :roll:

After a bit of negotiation and adding the Honda, got all 4 of my bikes R1,380,RGV and Honda for only £20 more than the previous year.

Took over half an hour on the phone though which was getting tedious

Exactly the same as [mention]Bianco2564[/mention], I've just ended my 9-year relationship with Carole Nash as I'm bored of their optimistic renewal prices and I'm still salty about the £45 admin fee to add the Kawasaki back in 2017. I'm now with Bemoto, I'm sure CN could've matched the price if I'd let them (which is what happened last year) but I didn't even give them the chance. Feels good, even though I've still paid £20 more than last year..

I was with Bennetts until the renewal went through the roof. I tried Bikesure as a sponsor on here and whilst their multibike policy actually worked out quite well they never responded to any queries posted on the thread here.

I suspect there's no ideal company out there because they all play the same game of cut price quotes to attract new customers in the hope people then just renew year on year. My guess is that enough people fall for that tactic for them to keep doing it.

I'm with Bennetts, they're alright but since i have two bikes now i wanted a multi-bike policy so both bikes on one policy, but since i don't own a garage(security reasons, lol) that was not possible. So I had to sort out a new policy for the Fazer... Hopefully there will be no problems when i'll have to add my missus on the ybr's policy after her CBT!

The prices seemed good with them so i've decided not to change insurers, maybe next year if the prices will creep up. :scratch:

I was with Bennets, got remewl in January price had gone up form £96 last year to £126.

'i used price comparison site and got a quote with Bikesure £96 and excess only £150 (Bennets was £400)/

I also get annoyed when renewal price is not competitive, I will see what happens with Bikesure next year.

I gone back to Hasting Direct for £180 fully comp this year. I’m still with Principle until 1st March but Hastings came out £12 cheaper than Principle on the old Meerkat site. That and Hasting do a non insured driver guarantee. 90 day European cover and helmet & leather insurance up to £750. £250 compulsory excess.

Not bad being middle aged. :lol:

I’ll just ring Principle up when my inflated renewal lands in the post and tell them I won’t be staying and ask them to either send my NCD to me or Hastings.

I would gladly pay someone a percentage of the savings if they would manage all my insurance renewals every year...

When I started needing insurance, which admittedly was only 17 years ago, you had to ring around all the insurers and give them all your details. And it was tedious.

Then just a year or two later for most of them I could get a web quote, and it was better.

Then price comparison sites came along and it was even better.

Now there are a multitude of price comparison sites and not all insurers are on all of them and some give preferential deals to others but then there's also the ones that aren't on price comparison sites but are worth a punt and also sometimes if you go direct but use a cashback website you'll find the price actually works out better than if you used one of the price comparison websites :crybaby:

To compound my misery (although deep down I don't mind doing it) I also do all this for my gran to save her the hassle.

I'm all for your idea, maybe there's a business in it.

I'm seeing a trend for Hastings and when I got my 125 and then also when I upgraded to a full licence they were by far the cheapest, and the premier cover with kit cover legal cover etc wasn't all that much more. Same for [mention]Magpie84[/mention]. No idea what they're like if you need to claim though.

I meant hastings actually, not admiral! Seems they're cheap and popular these days. Maybe go with them for your banner [mention]Stu[/mention]. Or compare the market, or 'the bike insurer' comparison, which actually is often cheaper than ctm I find.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

I had loads of trouble with them

I have removed it as in the last year I have had next to nothing off it so that just goes to show their prices aren't competitive!

I maybe looking at another company but it may be something like compare the market who pay per quote

I rang them up and quoted TMBF, their quote was more expensive than what I got from quoted by them on a compairson site :mrgreen: . They didn't offer us any discount it seems.