Info needed if possible

Guest stupidwayne

Hello

I recently bought a moped of a young lad at work and i was wondering if anyone could answer a retarded question i have about this make of bike.

It's a PGO PMX 50cc sport .....is it 2 stroke or four stroke ?

the kid said he didint know and has barley used it, and never came with a manual or anything just the owner ship documents, its a W reg from 99/00 i think

i didnt really care when i bought it as he only wanted £200 for it but my old man was saying if i dont know i could f**k it up when refuleing

cheers in advance..............

Thank you very much

does this mean i have to add some oil to the tank when i re-fill it ?

how much oil ?

aslo that guied said top speed was 30 , but i haven the speedo at 75 kmh

does this change anything ?

sorry, im a total noob

Hi the speed they give is 30 MPH which is around 50kph...not sure where your getting the extra 15 mph from on yours...maybe when you going down hill :wink: probably de-restricted as the 30mph stated in the guide is restricted.

Dunno about the oil......someone will though :) Would guess u need 2 stroke oil for the engine....but dunno about mixing oil with the fuel :?

Found this...

TWO STROKE ENGINES

Advantages:

- Two-stroke engines do not have valves, simplifying their construction.

- Two-stroke engines fire once every revolution (four-stroke engines fire once every other revolution). This gives two-stroke engines a significant power boost.

- Two-stroke engines are lighter, and cost less to manufacture.

- Two-stroke engines have the potential for about twice the power in the same size because there are twice as many power strokes per revolution.

Disadvantages:

- Two-stroke engines don't live as long as four-stroke engines. The lack of a dedicated lubrication system means that the parts of a two-stroke engine wear-out faster. Two-stroke engines require a mix of oil in with the gas to lubricate the crankshaft, connecting rod and cylinder walls.

- Two-stroke oil can be expensive. Mixing ratio is about 4 ounces per gallon of gas: burning about a gallon of oil every 1,000 miles.

- Two-stroke engines do not use fuel efficiently, yielding fewer miles per gallon.

- Two-stroke engines produce more pollution.

-- The combustion of the oil in the gas. The oil makes all two-stroke engines smoky to some extent, and a badly worn two-stroke engine can emit more oily smoke.

-- Each time a new mix of air/fuel is loaded into the combustion chamber, part of it leaks out through the exhaust port.

Thanks for all the help !

It was my dad talking bout his old scooters when he was younger , said you had to mix oil and fule , this has a seperate tank at the front , under the seat for oil. thanks for settling my nerves !