Bike Magazines

Tiggie

Bike, Motorcycle Sport & leisure, Ride, Adventure Bike Rider, MCN.

I've always been a sucker for a glossy front page ..... :D

I'm a sucker for them, shiny bikes on the cover & I get my wallet out

On the way out to join a ship i buy every bike mag i can lay hands on and then read them at my leisure. Usually a few of the guys on board are also bikers so they get passed around. Other than that I have an e-subscription to Bike which I can download when I'm away but that's my lot.

They all seem to be focussed on the rich bast*rd market these days. Almost no mention of the budget offerings, no buyers guides, and certainly almost no maintenance tips. The internet is waaaay better for that stuff now. Seems the new magazine mantra is just slap a GS or a Tiger on the cover and a few reviews of Touratech products then call it good! :roll:

They all seem to be focussed on the rich bast*rd market these days. Almost no mention of the budget offerings, no buyers guides, and certainly almost no maintenance tips.

Thats probably why the only one I read regular is Classic Motorcycle Mechanics. Also as I'm a tight arse the price of around £4.50 always grates as well :lol:

There was a time when I worked at a petrol station and was in charge of the papers and magazines including ordering new titles. A customer once mentioned that there was probably 3 bike mags for every car one. funny that, can't imagine why :mrgreen:

I have just been to Liverpool and back on the train so thought I would buy a mag for the trip.

And as [mention]RantMachine[/mention] says it was just full of new stuff including a gs! A few pages of adverts and not a lot else! It was a massive waste of money!

Saw the latest edition of "Ride" magazine in Tesco today.

I can't resist many bike magazines and I can't remember ever resisting a "Ride" magazine - I used to get it on subscription (almost said prescription !), but there was nothing on the front cover to tempt me into parting with my money. That was a first for me ! :D

I have just been to Liverpool and back on the train so thought I would buy a mag for the trip.

And as @RantMachine says it was just full of new stuff including a gs! A few pages of adverts and not a lot else! It was a massive waste of money!

and that is exactly why i gave over buying MORE CRAP NEWS :up:

In the last year of been reading /looking at the pictures lol . I think RIDE mag needs to change its name to !! GS !! mag with a small header saying ! some other bikes too ! AS they are obsessed with bloody GS .. it's GS this GS that . I have even sent them an email asking when they changing the name of the mag to GS funny tho they not replied.. every month there is story's about GS GS GS GS .and dont for get adds for GS GS GS .. so if you have a GS i dont know if you ever find a mag that Wright's about the GS....