Wotcha watchin?

Slowlycatchymonkey

Star Trek discovery.... Amazing. Just found it, started 2017 so that proves I'm not even a trekky... Self confessed sci-fi head tho.

Every Friday is a good day when the next episode comes out. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Also enjoying Vietnam on Netflix.

Good place is gentle fun.

Is that Star Trek alright for people who still miss William Shatners rendition?!

I haven't watched star trek since William shatner was in it.

I've never seen an episode of game of thrones although I have read nearly all the books :shock:

I'll be watching tonight's Endeavour when I get home in the morning :D

[mention]Muttly[/mention] have you tried The Orville? its like a half comedy, half drama homage to Star Trek. Written by and starring the voice actors from family guy.

I'm also pretty excited about the new star trek series they are working on with a returning Patrick Stewart!! :D

Star Trek discovery.... Amazing. Just found it, started 2017 so that proves I'm not even a trekky... Self confessed sci-fi head tho.

Every Friday is a good day when the next episode comes out. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Is that Star Trek alright for people who still miss William Shatners rendition?!

It has Captain Pike in it. If you watched enough of the original series you'll know who that is :)

It has Captain Pike in it. If you watched enough of the original series you'll know who that is :)

Googled it for a memory jog! Remember him turning up all damaged in an episode but didn’t at all make the connection between that Pike and the Pike that’s in the recent films who persuades james t Kirk to sign up. My life is now complete :D

I'm a lifelong Star Trek fan, it was my escapism as a child. One of my happiest memories (as sad as it sounds) was my dad agreeing to drive me to the cinema to watch one of the new films the day it came out (we very very rarely could afford to go to the cinema when I was a child). I mentioned how I'd love to see a Star Trek film at the cinema for the first time and he said out of the blue "we can go tonight if you want to see it" and before I knew it we were in the car driving to the cinema :)

The new series would never have got made if Gene Roddenberry was alive as it's quite far removed from his vision of the future but the acting and storylines are fantastic, and like all good series are getting more intricate now as it goes on.

Nerd alert: you only saw him as 'all damaged' but he was actually the original captain in the pilot, and in a way that pilot episode then gets retcon'd into the later episode you saw

I'm a lifelong Star Trek fan, it was my escapism as a child. One of my happiest memories (as sad as it sounds) was my dad agreeing to drive me to the cinema to watch one of the new films the day it came out (we very very rarely could afford to go to the cinema when I was a child). I mentioned how I'd love to see a Star Trek film at the cinema for the first time and he said out of the blue "we can go tonight if you want to see it" and before I knew it we were in the car driving to the cinema :)

The new series would never have got made if Gene Roddenberry was alive as it's quite far removed from his vision of the future but the acting and storylines are fantastic, and like all good series are getting more intricate now as it goes on.

Nerd alert: you only saw him as 'all damaged' but he was actually the original captain in the pilot, and in a way that pilot episode then gets retcon'd into the later episode you saw

What a lovely memory 😊

I saw part of the pilot long ago, I was glad he dropped out and Will Shatner took the job because I loved the humour he brought to it. When I’ve got stuff done today (although realistically it could all take til Wednesday) I’m going to seek out the new series :thumb:

But if you watched 1st episode series 2 of the new Netflix Trek you will have noticed a mahoosive easter egg that not only squared the circle taking the reference back to the TOS pilot episode and a certain 2-parter......can anybody think what it could be? I await your responses..........

It’s too much for my tiny mind :lol:

Where am I heading to watch series one episode one of the new Star Trek? Is it Netflix as well?

Yep, Netflix........with regard to the EE, all I will say is Talos IV......... :popcorn:

It’s too much for my tiny mind :lol:

Where am I heading to watch series one episode one of the new Star Trek? Is it Netflix as well?

Yep, Netflix........with regard to the EE, all I will say is Talos IV......... :popcorn:

I did a cheety google and am now having brain strain trying to recall the episodes without reading it all..... damn it speedy......... :lol:

But if you watched 1st episode series 2 of the new Netflix Trek you will have noticed a mahoosive easter egg that not only squared the circle taking the reference back to the TOS pilot episode and a certain 2-parter......can anybody think what it could be? I await your responses..........

It's been a few weeks since I watched it but just thinking what you could be referencing... would it be the appearance of Number One?

Err..... no. Although Number One was peripherally involved in what was going on, the thing that I noticed in the Netflix show was utterly meaningless unless you were conversant with the first pilot and the aforementioned 2-parter.....but keep guessing... :thumb:

But really amazed that they would knit it into the plot of the new show...... This looks as if its going to be really good (settles back with :popcorn:)

Wife's out, baby is asleep, beer is cold and Scarface is on the box. :-)

This is probably a sin but I’ve never seen scarface!

Enjoy :D

Go straight to the naughty step. Do not pass go and do not collect £200.