To hospital we go!

emmajaneg

Knees shmees you’ve got another one and will be dandy 😬 Seriously though hope you mend quickly 🙏

I’m not sure you’ll be wanting to hear the injury stories some have to tell.

Chin up.

How did the collision occur?

Hehe thank you! So basically a car with a trailer attached was parked at the side of the road, I went to the right to overtake and it started reversing, I went straight into head on! Bike is smashed to pieces and so is my knee lol.

Just out of interest, how do you have a head on collision with a trailer?

Okay so, it was on the left side of the road (looked like it was parked) I go to overtake it. There is a man stood on the toad waving but I didn’t realise that the trailer was actually reversing into the road and I couldn’t slow down in time, so I went into the corner of it, flipped over handlebars and fell on my bum! I thought it was my fault but I have been told it was there’s, as they shouldn’t have been reversing on a A road

Ride straight into the back of it?

Emmajang says “head on” in her post.

Yup, my front of the bike went straight into it!

Forget the bike, it's how you are that matters, hope it's not bad and heals quickly.

Hehe I was sat there will blood all over and I just kept asking, what about the bike? As I looked at glass it could have made me cry 😢 thank you!

Ride straight into the back of it?

So, not head on then, the very nature of a trailer is it's behind something. However, let's hope she has a speedy recovery.

It wasn’t the back of it no, apologies when I say head on I meant I went into head on myself, sorry to confuse you all

So glad you're generally ok, please don't let this put you off bikes . When the knee stops stinging this will make you a safer and ultimately a better rider. In the meantime, here's a picture of Bob being particularly fluffy to cheer you up .

Hehe I’ve come off quite a lot now but this has been the most serious! And that was what I needed to see today, was floofy cat! Thank you!

Oh no @emmajaneg I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you aren't too sore.

As something to read as you heal. I'm lucky that I haven't had anything bad on the motorbike yet. But on my bicycle once I caused a road closure on the Mendip Hills after hitting a wall at 30mph. I got a speed wobble going downhill and got thrown off the bike, meeting the road and then the wall.

It was embarrassing for four reasons:

1) the road closure. And later seeing my friend's post on Facebook about how they got caught up in a road closure there without realising it was me they were scraping off the road

2) my poor wife was in London and got a phone call from the mountain rescue chap that was called as a first responder to me, and had to rush home on the train worrying about me (at least she said she did)

3) my parents were at my cousin's birthday party and had to leave to come to A&E. That was embarrassing as I had lied to my cousin & uncle about why I couldn't go, when secretly I just wanted to go out on my bike. And rather than be honest... Well, they found out the real reason eventually eh

4) to get through A&E the ambulance had to drive right through the middle of the Bath Half Marathon which was on at the time

I've still got a facial scar from it and had a week off work as my face ballooned and it took me about four days before I could see out of both eyes again.

The absolute worst part was when I asked if my bike was ok, and everyone around me said "don't worry about the bike". So instantly I knew the bike wasn't ok :lol:

I did get it fixed up though and still own it.

Damn that’s a rough one there! I did cause a lot of traffic though, and the guy that caused it had to nerve to ask if I could move my bike to prevent traffic lol! What was more horrific was my boyfriend was right behind me on his bike and saw the whole thing bless him, he was quite upset. And I also don’t think my bike will be mended, it was checked out and the engine has a hole in it, the fuel tank has ruptured and everything else is just in bits!

Not good :( hope not too serious. Get well soon.

I hope not too, have to have surgery tomorrow but all should be well, thank you!

Good to hear :thumb:

Make the most of your NI payments and take it easy, what are they doing?

Were there any witnesses? Did you get the other party's details? Is bike mendable? Just yeses or noes if you wanna respond.......but remember, you don't wanna be posting details of whappened on a public forum yet........get well soon. I know it's still a bit raw, but you can always get another bike or mend this one if it's not too bad. You are the main thing, so just look after yourself and don't overdo it.We can't all be like [mention]Via[/mention], innit? :thumb:

Cheers

S23

Knees shmees you’ve got another one and will be dandy 😬 Seriously though hope you mend quickly 🙏

I’m not sure you’ll be wanting to hear the injury stories some have to tell.

Chin up.

How did the collision occur?

Hehe thank you! So basically a car with a trailer attached was parked at the side of the road, I went to the right to overtake and it started reversing, I went straight into head on! Bike is smashed to pieces and so is my knee lol.

Holymoly that is hard luck :cry:

The bike being smashed up is so very disappointing but by the sounds of things I’m glad it’s only your knee that got it!

Will it recover on its own or will in need a bit of surgery to send things in the right direction?

Don’t suppose there’s anyway they admitted liability and you have a witness?

I did cause a lot of traffic though, and the guy that caused it had to nerve to ask if I could move my bike to prevent traffic lol!
.....Don't they always? I was taking my wife's CB125 to Rye's of Fulham one morning for its first service when we were filtering down the outside of a line of traffic on Brixton Hill during the rush hour, about 0830...... The bloke in front was on a yellow 400/4 and got taken out by the old classic "queue of traffic stops to let van turn right across queue from side turning on the left".

Matey was only wearing a business suit with shoes and the split front bumper on the van just smashed through his left shin bone (tibia), there was just a bloody big hole from the knee to the ankle pumping bright, red blood out......I jumped off, and it had just started to rain. This was not a "pressure on the wound job", I trod into his groin very hard to block the femoral artery (but it's very deep) and took off my belt to use as a torniquet. Managed to get this round his thigh, and the bleeding started to abate.........so basically this bloke was lying in the road, bleeding to death (all over lucky old me) when this arse in the car immediately behind us was tooting his horn and making "can you get out of the way" signs. Answer was "fuc*ing NO!!!!!"

Anyway, ambulance came, and as they were loading matey inside, by this time he was on entonox, and asked me the classic "is my bike OK?" :shock:

I did hear that he lived -- dunno if he kept his leg tho'. Wouldn't be surprised if not. And to cap it all, when I got to Rye's, the workshop manager said "your're late". I just said "see this blood? Well, it isn't mine......." . Nothing else was said........

So see, there's always somebody worse off. Even if it doesn't seem like it.

I also don’t think my bike will be mended, it was checked out and the engine has a hole in it, the fuel tank has ruptured and everything else is just in bits!

.....mere cosmetic damage. Trust me......... 8-)