Honda Gold Wing shock

S-Westerly

My mate is coming back to biking after about 20 years of expensive cars instead. This could be considered a plus. However the 'bike' he has actually bought? A sodding Honda Gold Wing no less :shock: It's a bus with 2 wheels! We should have some interesting ride outs at least although small country lanes may be a challenge.

This is true.

Followed a friend of a friend on his gold wing. I was on my Kwai GT750. Could not get close to him half the time.

This was mainly due to the amount of sparks and debris he was throwing up through grounding various bits a steelwork on the bends. :shock:

This is true.

Followed a friend of a friend on his gold wing. I was on my Kwai GT750. Could not get close to him half the time.

This was mainly due to the amount of sparks and debris he was throwing up through grounding various bits a steelwork on the bends. :shock:

... Yeah, that happens too!

When you have ridden a variety of bikes you can generally look at a bike and with a small stretch of the imagination you can more or less decide roughly what it must be like to ride. But no matter how long I gaze upon a Goldwing , I just can't reach any conclusions except that it's just so.... BIG !

When you have ridden a variety of bikes you can generally look at a bike and with a small stretch of the imagination you can more or less decide roughly what it must be like to ride. But no matter how long I gaze upon a Goldwing , I just can't reach any conclusions except that it's just so.... BIG !

That is exactly what I think. They are MASSIVE. Once my mate has his I may be less in awe of its all round mightiness. Could be fun though. Somehow given its equally massive price tag I doubt he'll be letting me have a thrash on it. :(

That is exactly what I think. They are MASSIVE. Once my mate has his I may be less in awe of its all round mightiness. Could be fun though. Somehow given its equally massive price tag I doubt he'll be letting me have a thrash on it. :(

Whilst trying to blag a turn replace the word thrash with tootle

Whilst trying to blag a turn replace the word thrash with tootle

Kind of big for a tootle. Speaking of turn- what if you have to do a u-turn?! Think I'd have a turn and probably for the worse.

Look, I've had a Goldwing and although they are not fast by any stretch of the imagination and the acceleration won't pull your arms off, they are ridiculously comfy and solid. That's why you can chuck them around so well - they don't flex much.

Plus they have the added bonus of having a hugemungous amount of beer carrying capacity while still being 4' slimmer than a GS.

Look, I've had a Goldwing and although they are not fast by any stretch of the imagination and the acceleration won't pull your arms off, they are ridiculously comfy and solid. That's why you can chuck them around so well - they don't flex much.

Plus they have the added bonus of having a hugemungous amount of beer carrying capacity while still being 4' slimmer than a GS.

Not fast? 140mph seems plenty fast enough to me.

I stand suitably chastened. I'll have to grovel and abase myself before my mate's stupendous, mighty machine of awesomeness. As per the video they would appear to be capable of turning a corner. Like me my mate drives supertankers for a living so he'll probably feel right at home on the back of this 2 wheeled sumo wrestler of a bike.

I have to say that - if I had the space and financial wherewithal to own a multitude of bikes - I'd have one in the garage in a heartbeat. Can you imagine the joy of touring on one?

Engine is turbine smooth, Two.. Usually, boxer engines in line. Torque monster - effortless.

Seen a few that have been stripped down to the bare essentials and so look really quite good