looking at phones

fastbob

I'm going to have to abandon my beloved Windows Phone and go back to Android. I'm looking at a Moto G5 plus as a stop gap but I don't have a clue what this means . Can anyone enlighten ?

Android 7.0 (Nougat), planned upgrade to Android 8.0 (Oreo). Thanks.

Sad day for Microsoft as they lose their final Windows mobile user.

Tbh didn't see much change from nougat to Oreo anyway, some better multi app support but on a phone it don't get used much.

Any particular reason you are going for moto G5?

Not quite, my CEO still has one.

As an ex-Microsoft employee, he refers to it as 'drinking the kool aid'

But even bill gates admitted he has android phone :lol:

Yes, if it helps he's relatively self-deprecating about it.

Just the other day when I was proposing a desktop client for our product (which already has android and iOS apps) he asked if I'd considered a Windows phone version, but as you can imagine he did it with a smile on his face.

Yes, if it helps he's relatively self-deprecating about it.

Just the other day when I was proposing a desktop client for our product (which already has android and iOS apps) he asked if I'd considered a Windows phone version, but as you can imagine he did it with a smile on his face.

Sounds like a good idea, you should also do an OS/2 warp version for PC users.

Tbh didn't see much change from nougat to Oreo anyway, some better multi app support but on a phone it don't get used much.

Any particular reason you are going for moto G5?

G5 Plus , good reviews, big battery and only £150 brand new. Should be adequate for my needs . I had a Moto G ages ago and I liked it . I might go for a G6 instead which is not to be confused with the G6 PLAY which I believe is a lower spec plastic kids phone.

I've had the Moto phones and they work fine for me. I only went to the g6 because I had to move to EE to get WiFi calling due to the location of our new house. I particularly like the fact that I can check all incoming messages by simply touching the logo without having to wake the phone. Very handy to filter important messages from the rest.

One thing that amuses me is people spend 150quid on a cheap android phone, moan about it being crap then decide the best option is to go spend 500quid+ on an iPhone and then wonder why it's a better phone.

Just because you can buy an android for 150quid doesn't mean you should. If you're a heavy phone user and you like your apps etc, spend a reasonable amount of cash and buy a proper phone. Samsung S8plus is my current phone and it's a fantastic phone. They are going down in price now too so well worth considering.

Cheap Android phones work fine for me, and I work in the telecoms industry.

Just depends on what you want out of your phone I guess. Admittedly many of my colleagues are different, but then I think they change their phones too often just to get the new shiny.

One thing that amuses me is people spend 150quid on a cheap android phone, moan about it being crap then decide the best option is to go spend 500quid+ on an iPhone and then wonder why it's a better phone.

Just because you can buy an android for 150quid doesn't mean you should. If you're a heavy phone user and you like your apps etc, spend a reasonable amount of cash and buy a proper phone. Samsung S8plus is my current phone and it's a fantastic phone. They are going down in price now too so well worth considering.

This!

I have a Huawei P20 pro, cracking phone and going down in price rapidly as the near to bringing out a P30 pro