Afternoon ride in the sun to Portland Bill

Mack01

Went out for a 'quick' ride this afternoon to test out my new Shark helmet. I ended up at Portland Bill lighthouse (I live in Wiltshire nr bath).

The weather was fantastic although a tad windy around the Salisbury/Warminster area due to flat land and minimal trees. The lid performed well straight away with it's built in sun shield/visor. The sun was in my eyes all the way down causing considerable glare and although the sun shield wasn't very dark it was plenty capable.

Ear protection was definitely required as this lid is very noisy and windy/draughty but comfortable.

Anyway, the roads down to Portland are great. Plenty of anything that I could want, straights, twisties, ups and downs with twisties on them.... and a few lovely hairpin bends near Blandford. The roads themselves seem to be some of the most pothole free around this area.

I only meant to do a quick ride but the sun was shining, the roads were extremely bike-friendly so I just kept going south. Other users seemed to be in good spirits too, lots of drivers letting me past, even filtering in Weymouth past the police they moved aside so I gave a friendly wave.

Sadly the lighthouse shut ten minutes before I arrived so no views from the top.

290172622_Portland(3).thumb.jpg.23fa49c841a832dbde47f9832e069343.jpg

Obligatory shot of bike and lighthouse. 8-)