Do’s & Dont’s of touring

Ross

If you’re heading out mid September, and if you like beer, swing by Stuttgart for Oktoberfest. If you can drag it out till the end of September beginning of October that is. I’ve done from the Hook of Holland to Stuttgart in about 6 hours just blasting down. Then you’re pretty near the Black Forest. Also did I mention Oktoberfest?! :cheers: And there’s the Mercedes and Porsche museums which are great.

Ahhhhhh.... stuttgart! The home of fantastic automobiles! Thats a great shout! i LOVE porsches! I recently got rid of a 58 plate Boxster s what a machine!! Was fantastic in last years heat wave! But unfortunally i couldnt afford to run it 🤭.

I have family friends in bocham which could be a good overnight stay. Beer is the essence of life!

mmmmmmmmmm.... beeeerrrr

Ahh! How about the BSB at Assen, Bochum, Cologne, on to Stuttgart, Mercedes, Porsche and Oktoberfest then Black Forest and beyond?! Planning on heading to Stuttgart this year for the third year running. Although we flew last year and will do again this year!

The Black Forest is fantastic... more than enough to keep you busy. and on the other side of the Rhine its Mirror The Vosges.

Its not black.. and its not all forest.

countryside-mountain-landscape-balck-forest-germany-1000x667.thumb.jpg.fe5b5f6c491a12af7d524f48d0e37642.jpg

some very exciting roads there too.. aside from the B500.

images.jpeg.a5a11202b81729e653df87c8d07f3222.jpeg

But go.. out of season and never at the weekend.

https://tinyurl.com/yxg2gqqr

I always do the ferry!

But its an over night ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge its stupid not to for me! as its on my doorstep! it saves fighting with the traffic down south going through the tunnel to then have an overnight stop!

Getting the ferry means I can leave a day earlier as I can do a days work get the ferry and relax and wake up in Belgium

The cost for me can work out very similar

I've just booked Hull to Zeebrugge never used that route before, any tips ? We're riding to Kassel then onto Colditz

I always do the ferry!

But its an over night ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge its stupid not to for me! as its on my doorstep! it saves fighting with the traffic down south going through the tunnel to then have an overnight stop!

Getting the ferry means I can leave a day earlier as I can do a days work get the ferry and relax and wake up in Belgium

The cost for me can work out very similar

I've just booked Hull to Zeebrugge never used that route before, any tips ? We're riding to Kassel then onto Colditz

The only tip is to head to terminal 1 as all vehicles go through there even though you're sailing from terminal 2! You will go down a big dip in the road then as you come up the other side you will see the terminal on your left. You need to go round the back of the terminal! Everyone makes the mistake of going to the front

Thanks @Stu at least initially we'll look like we know what we're doing :thumb:

When are you going?

Oh and if you are early and one of the first on you are usually the first off! But remember not to be late to you ur bikes if you do that otherwise no one will be able to get off the ferry till you're there :lol:

[mention]Stu[/mention] depart 16th June, the first time we did a ferry in 08 we chilled out watching telly & sauntered down to find all the car drivers glaring at us :oops:

The Black Forest is fantastic... more than enough to keep you busy. and on the other side of the Rhine its Mirror The Vosges.

Its not black.. and its not all forest.

countryside-mountain-landscape-balck-forest-germany-1000x667.jpg

some very exciting roads there too.. aside from the B500.

images.jpeg

But go.. out of season and never at the weekend.

https://tinyurl.com/yxg2gqqr

Looks fantasic!! Will deffo be taking a trip there!!