New zero electric bike

geofferz

Nice looking bike. But not for that price in my mind. I saw one of these in a shop window in Glasgow at the weekend. For the price, I can't see a better one. Currently looking to see if I can go for a test ride on one to see what it's like, although it might make my Grom redundant!

https://urbanebikes.com/collections/super-soco/products/super-soco-tc?variant=7320172724247

green-TC_480x480.jpg.80f080171af6e6fbd3c15bbf7dca053c.jpg

They are also doing a more powerful one-

https://urbanebikes.com/collections/super-soco/products/tc-max-62mph-deposit

Electric bikes are made for the city in my eyes. Petrol bikes will rule the open roads for a number of years yet.

Thread locked ... to gay .

What do you mean when you say gay?

I really thought people knew better than to use gay as a pejorative term these days. Obviously not.

Not cool dude! Not cool at all!

I really thought people knew better than to use gay as a pejorative term these days. Obviously not.

not me Snowflake :up:

not me Snowflake :up:

Okay, you don’t yet. Have a watch of this, it does a reasonable job of explaining why it is not cool.

">

When model aeroplanes went electric you could install a module that generated piston engine sound effects. So your electric Spitfire could sound like a Merlin rather than a two stroke fizzbang motor.

No reason you couldn't do the same with a leccy bike. The rider could choose between various modes....

Chug chug if they are in a cruiser mood

Neeeeoowwwww if they in sports mode

Or jet turbine if they want to scare the hell out of Audi drivers.

Guest Richzx6r

Electric bikes are the future, no getting around that. We will all have to move with the times eventually :wink:

I hope by the time that happens I'm long dead I can't stand electric cars or bikes they are just wrong on so many levels, something with an engine is meaningful and yea ok it may put out some pollutants but then again so do cows and more importantly cruise ships and all that stuff, but will they make them electric.....me thinks not

Electric cow? I want to see that :lol:

I would miss the fettling around with an engine, getting my hands dirty and the noise of course :D

But the power and torque the electric motors kick out can't be denied

Thread locked ... to gay .

I'm calling this out too.

No idea what someone's sexuality has to do with this.

Then to fall back on "snowflake" to try and claim that it's just other people being sensitive shows a complete dearth of brain cells. One day I'll understand why some heterosexual people are so threatened by the concept of homosexuality. It can only be that they feel threatened because I can't think of any other reason why they want to paint it as a bad thing.

If all that doesn't make sense, I'll let Joe Root try to explain it for you.

">

edit: people who just use 'snowflake' to try and justify a difference of opinion reminds me of:

888.jpg

Back on topic, half of the fun of motorcycling is surely the acceleration, the sensation of cornering etc

Which can easily be replicated with an electric motor.

I'm sure you lose some noise but I'm sure that can be replicated (I learnt not so long ago that some modern cars have exhaust noise played into the car as you drive along......)

Heck if it's the vibrations as you accelerate that get you I'm sure they can shove some bolts into a cylinder that rotates as you pick up speed....

I'd happily give one of these a go to see what they're like.

Heck if it's the vibrations as you accelerate that get you I'm sure they can shove some bolts into a cylinder that rotates as you pick up speed....

Wonder if Ann Summers is in the market to make a bike? :lol:

Wonder if Ann Summers is in the market to make a bike? :lol:

I was going to suggest it but was also trying to be polite :lol:

We have Love Honey hq near us, maybe I should drop by and suggest they expand into new markets?

when electric bike racing was first introduced in the isle of man they were pitifully slow especially on hills and even now they only race them for one lap but after several years they are getting a bit better :)

Racing will always improve the technology. Pretty much anything ever built that you can move ends up being raced :lol:

And then of course the technology developed to win the race will eventually trickle down

https://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/what-are-f1-inventions-on-road-cars/

So definitely worth following to see what we may be riding in a decade or so time

Guest Richzx6r

I would miss the fettling around with an engine, getting my hands dirty and the noise of course :D

No I do agree they are more powerful and have more torque than a petrol engine but it's still wrong, I hate with a passion the terms heart and soul but petrol engines are alive not just a whining bit of electricity, also out of the window will go any home maintenance as you will need some sort of electromechanical degree to work on the bloody things so I see it as a backwards step IMHO

Guest Richzx6r

Yea would be funny having herds of electric cows wandering the fields