New zero electric bike

geofferz

Guest Richzx6r

I bet no one here slagging off electric motors has ever driven a tesla.

No and tbh nor would I actually want to they look ugly as sin but most importantly lack an engine

Just to add some useful context here regarding lithium battery costs.

On average they've fallen in price by 20% every year since 2010. As their popularity increases, the manufacturing techniques improve, and the wholesale price drops as there is a good supply for the demand, but the demand is for good value power storage.

Expect in the next 5-10 years the tech will get cheap, and then after that it will probably swap focus to being more performance driven.

Yeah the new model 3 tesla is supposed to be about £35k

Dream on for that. My wife fancied one and put down the refundable £1000 deposit more than 2 years ago. She cancelled the order last year as the earliest RHD version was not expected until next year. Since then I've heard it may never happen and the price is rising to north of 45k if you have the battery extended range pack. As a "by the way" we did get to drive a Model S and it was pretty awesome and I personally quite like the shape. I like an internal combustion engine in a bike but to me a car is just a tool so I don't really care what is under the bonnet hence all our cars have been my wife's and I've long since given up on trying to work out the reason she chooses the cars she has.

A friend of mine the other day posted on Facebook "is Tesla just a giant Ponzi scheme?"

It's quite a strong statement but considering the financial history of the company it's an interesting point.

2usksy.jpg.a778a8e90cd8f965ec2e9629bf414866.jpg