Now this is cheery

Via

I'm used to the "tailored" marketing used by companies nowadays and find it funny when I purchase something only to be inundated with adverts for the exact thing I've already purchased for weeks afterwards.

As I mentioned a while ago I've had problems with kidney which has a very large growth on it, hospital contacted me recently and I have to go in next week for investigatory surgery as they are not sure it's benign. Now this is the first time I've mentioned that online but I told a few close friends about it via WhatsApp yesterday.

Today every advert I've had on Facebook has been this one (or a varying design of same ad)...

Screenshot_20190301-223716_Facebook.thumb.jpg.0a2d45a4e72ca6c687f0ab1aedc9bf7f.jpg

Now it could just be a coincidence and I'm tough skinned so don't bother me (plus I'm sure it is benign and hospital just covering ass) but WTF :lol:

Crikey [mention]Via[/mention] youre not joking about the ‘now this is cheery’ !!!

Like you say it’s most probably all fine and dandy but anyone whos been through waiting for tests and results knows how stressful that can be myself included.

Don’t fret if all the testing is fast tracked, there are fast repsonse targets that’s have to be met.

Let us know how you and your bizarre kidneys baby kidney get on... just a thought is this the immaculate kidney conception? Do we start looking for a stable for the miracle kidney now?

I wonder what the Jesus kidney would be called? Kidsus? Jeesney? This could be a money spinner! Call Fox News they like reporting nonsense! :D

Sheesh man, we know no good comes of worrying until anything is certain, I would be terrible myself as I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.

So bloody typical of the internet to bombard you after search criteria is shared. Hope all turns out good pal.

Since I started working closer with the marketing peeps at work I've got a lot harsher with what cookies I accept on my computer when browsing the net, and frequently clear them out too. This is despite the fact I had already ran a privacy plugin for years before.

Many tracking cookies will tell a website what other websites that run the same tracker you've visited, and when. They'll report back yonks after you visited that one site.

There's web software that will actually record how you interacted with a site, what you clicked on, how you scrolled, what you typed in forms.

See two minutes 50s in here:

">

First time they showed me 'recordings' of people using hotjar I said "oh, is this people we've got to test the site?" they responded "no, this is an actual potential customer"

I think in the main people are pretty blase about how much they give up online. And I say that as someone who is well aware of how much personal data I give google and facebook.

Thanks everyone but sure it will be fine :thumb:

That's the annoying thing it couldn't have been anything from browsing as didn't mention it online or search anything related, only thing that would have flagged anything would had been from WhatsApp which is no surprise really as it's owned by Facebook.

Facebook the doyens of morality? No!

I mainly couldn’t careless if companies know what I’ve been searching or how I’ve used their site (perhaps I’m not understanding something?) but what I want to know is WTF did I google to end up with an influx of adverts for- grey hair dye, a stairlift, a bunion correcting device one of those electric chairs that helps you up!!!

I mean I’m no spring chicken but 46 isn’t exactly stana stairlift time is it?!

That's the annoying thing it couldn't have been anything from browsing as didn't mention it online or search anything related, only thing that would have flagged anything would had been from WhatsApp which is no surprise really as it's owned by Facebook.

The internet moves in mysterious ways. For ages wherever I went online I was offered Plus Size Ladies Bathing Suits . No idea how that could have happened.

you wouldn't have thought so no but perhaps they are looking to the future :lol:

Not one I want to look at with them! They also keep targeting me with older women’s plus size clothing- if I got much smaller I’d be in the children’s section so whatever these cookies are doing they need to work harder!

The internet moves in mysterious ways. For ages wherever I went online I was offered Plus Size Ladies Bathing Suits . No idea how that could have happened.

I got ads for these recently... still trying to work it out :?:

6176aXojShL._UX385_.jpg

Edited by learningtofly

I got these recently... still trying to work it out :?:

An image in my head that I really wish I didn't!

6176aXojShL._UX385_.jpg

I got ads for these recently... still trying to work it out :?:

6176aXojShL._UX385_.jpg

An image in my head that I really wish I didn't!

You and me both!

Ooh the shirt suspender,

So technically a reverse suspender? A shirt pullerer? A shirt tugadowner?

Yep that’s the thing. They are fond of sock suspenders too!

[mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] even the best fitting shirt will untuck a bit when you sit down, if it didn’t you wouldn’t be able to.... unless your trousers moved northward and that’s not a good look. You’ve obviously not worn many catsuits!