The MT is home!

elizabethf

Picked up my first big bike at lunch! Got the joy of riding it into work (in the rain), admired it from my office where I can keep an eye on it and who gives a F about bicycles and their racks ;)

Sun came out yay! Then disappeared so I had to ride it home in the rain BUT then there was a massive detour so got a bit longer getting used to it :)

Will get better pics at the weekend!

53509468_10161411365445175_1947632145337942016_n.jpg.3c7067fd656bf659185b4eaf3b344b7d.jpg

New toy

Picked up my first big bike at lunch! Got the joy of riding it into work (in the rain), admired it from my office where I can keep an eye on it and who gives a F about bicycles and their racks ;)

Sun came out yay! Then disappeared so I had to ride it home in the rain BUT then there was a massive detour so got a bit longer getting used to it :)

Will get better pics at the weekend!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cheers:

Nice - looks like you can chain it to something pretty solid. They won't get that out of the ground in a hurry.

They won't have to........get a much shorter chain or shorten it so the lock isn't lying on the floor. But with a grinder, it's all academic anyway. :(

Seriously, you're looking at spending another at least 3x what that lock and chain cost and even then........

Nice - looks like you can chain it to something pretty solid. They won't get that out of the ground in a hurry.

They won't have to........get a much shorter chain or shorten it so the lock isn't lying on the floor. But with a grinder, it's all academic anyway. :(

Seriously, you're looking at spending another at least 3x what that lock and chain cost and even then........

Good point, any chain lying on the ground is very vulnerable.

I would get an alarmed disc lock to go with chain, small and easy to carry

If you look closely at the front wheel there's one on there

It usually lives in a locked garage at work, but for ease of dropping off and leaving again made more sense to keep it out front next to my office window (and cctv)

It usually lives in a locked garage at work, but for ease of dropping off and leaving again made more sense to keep it out front next to my office window (and cctv)

Ahhh missed that, all you can do is make it look too much of a pain to bother with, outside your window, do you get any work done lol

Ahhh missed that, all you can do is make it look too much of a pain to bother with, outside your window, do you get any work done lol

lol no not really ;)

And for the cost of a mediocre lock and chain, you could get a tracker/alarm system..... :thumb:

If you have some recommendations throw them at me! :D

This is quite good - easily transferred from bike to bike....which is the only fly in the ointment for the hardwired ones.....

https://monimoto.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5OTIy7vz4AIVLJPtCh0IjwcNEAQYBCABEgIUevD_BwE

Have a look and see what you think...

PS - if the lock is left lying on the floor, it is very vulnerable to sledgehammer attack......

Looks great, my be a payday investment (this month's was the bike soooo) :D

Yeah, when it's at home that chain is attached to the other bike, which I thread at the top of the back wheels so it's not on the floor. The other chain is attached to the ground anchor but again i try and thread it through as high as possible.

Ok here’s some more pics. Took these as I was waiting for my BF to park his up so no fancy edited shots. Tyres look gross because there was a lot of salt on the road.

6CC0197B-BA3E-4C61-9134-A8241142A2BB.thumb.jpeg.371b2042364c97087a5a65780cf06bd1.jpeg

46EB8B7F-C5D3-4304-BA70-1E1AA5FC745C.thumb.jpeg.5ea87516f7eb6a108e5f8375c0a5102c.jpeg

803B8A45-F777-4917-AC63-B486074468D1.thumb.jpeg.267ccdf6788de0bfd38ed3baa7604d8b.jpeg

Edited by elizabethf