Norton in trouble?

Bender

I saw this last night. The accounts are past due which I guess is why Companies House issued it. Another site said the CEO emailed them, explained all and they apologised for running the story, but didn't actually say the reason he gave. I'm guessing the accounts have had issues being signed off or something.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/308701/norton-might-be-in-trouble/

All very well, but, CA 2006 S1000 (3) is nothing to do with late filing......

If anybody had actually bothered to read it, it says.....

"If the registrar has reasonable cause to believe that a company is not carrying on business or in operation, the registrar may send to the company a communication inquiring whether the company is carrying on business or in operation.

(2)If the registrar does not within 14 days of sending the communication receive any answer to it, the registrar must within 14 days after the expiration of that period send to the company a second communication referring to the first communication, and stating—

(a)that no answer to it has been received, and

(b)that if an answer is not received to the second communication within 14 days from its date, a notice will be published in the Gazette with a view to striking the company's name off the register."

So why didn't Norton respond to the enquiry as to whether or not they were still trading.....within the 28 days grace that they had?

I don't suppose it was because they are so busy, no-one had time? :roll:

So why didn't Norton respond to the enquiry as to whether or not they were still trading.....within the 28 days grace that they had?

Yes my immediate response was "but why?"

There could be a simple explanation for it but brushing it off as "simply" just a late filing notice doesn't explain much.

And while we're at it, has anybody else noticed how shite the number plate hangers are on the new Atlases? Notice how, in all the publicity shots, the hanger is either missing or positioned so it's out of shot. When we saw 'em at the NEC, my first thought was whst the hell is that supposed to be? What a POS.

Edited by Anonymous

Yes my immediate response was "but why?"

There could be a simple explanation for it but brushing it off as "simply" just a late filing notice doesn't explain much.

It doesn't explain anything.....if there had been any difficulty with the accounts, you would have expected them just to say so to the registrar. There's more afoot here, I think....... :scratch:

Don't worry, somebody else will buy the name . It's happened a few times before . I have to say though, this latest incarnation did produce some tasty bikes .

Still no admission or explanation. At the very least you’d expect ‘it was an admin error’

Well if he's denying it, he isn't going to admit it is he :mrgreen: .

However I do agree he's being a bit vague. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

The post about Peter Hickman riding for Norton at the TT reminded me of this. They have had the striking off action discontinued but still haven't filed their accounts. Supposedly on the 9th they were ready to go :scratch:

https://www.facebook.com/visordown/posts/10156769103006131?comment_id=10156769197776131&reply_comment_id=10156770665861131&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R%2399%22%7D

"Norton Motorcycles Adrian Nicolle Adrian, it is a standard late filing notice. Nothing to worry over, our returns are done and ready to file. To say we’ve had a busy year is an understatement. Our account dept grown 4 fold in 18 months with new models, new engines, new factory under construction, multiple new jobs, large deals in Japan, India, China and delivering more bikes than ever. This is a pretty shitty click bait article. I’ve mailed them directly and they refuse to reply, basking in their new found popularity for 30 seconds.. Cheers for your support 👍" - Stuart Garner on the 9th March, a week and a half ago.

Don't forget these are the accounts for their financial year ending 31st March 2018 (so they had nine months to get them sorted, it's now been nearly 12), I'm not necessarily saying they are going under but I know if this was my employer our CFO would be lynched by the board....

• 2 weeks later...