Overheating KTM RC 125?

MESSIAH

MotoBike - KTM RC 125 - 2018

Brand new.

Today temperature is 6C

Riding bike few minutes - around 7 miles

LCD display showing high temperature. It's normal after few miles?

Sorry for my question It's my first motorbike.

20190311_212750.thumb.jpg.d53df5272909ff20d7f2173733f06a04.jpg

Looks ok to me , it's only half way up the scale . If it gets up to or beyond the gap in the scale next to the "H" then that is in the higher temperature range at which point the fan should kick in .

Looks ok to me , it's only half way up the scale . If it gets up to or beyond the gap in the scale next to the "H" then that is in the higher temperature range at which point the fan should kick in .

Yesterday was 3 lines to max but error of temperature was not showing. So what about long trips? Every 40 miles stop for 1h to cool down system?

Temperature is good. Are you mixing fuel and temperature scales?

I was have about 2l fuel left and I was fill to full with new one from texaco petrol station. How to mix temperature scale?

Hope this is useful to you :thumb:

Not really. I have this manual and I was studying it. I'm wondering how many miles I can do with normal riding of this motorbike. Maybe pump is not power enough? Coolant liquid?

Any suggestions?

What about yours motorbikes? How many miles you can do without stopping?

Yesterday was 3 lines to max but error of temperature was not showing. So what about long trips? Every 40 miles stop for 1h to cool down system?

What makes you think the error is to do with temperature? The manual shows this as the error for high coolant temperature, not just the word "error".

ktm125.PNG.7c6431a1dc7c9056153935ac5dfa9f54.PNG

You shouldn't need to stop to cool down your bike, that's what the coolant is for.

my bike would go until I needed fuel so approx 150 mile to 180 mile

Why don't you have a look at the coolant in your bike to make sure its full. But I think you are worrying too much, Bike engines get hot,

According to the manual for your bike it say if the engine gets too hot it will come up on the screen saying

High Coolant Temperature

Have a look at the coolant level for your own peace of mind but my advice would be to ride it and enjoy it :)

You're having a laugh right ? It doesn't get hotter and hotter the further you go . Just ride the thing and stop worrying . Try going a bit faster so that more air flows through the radiator . Error of temperature wasn't showing because there's nothing wrong. Motorbikes get hot !

Hope this is useful to you :thumb:

Not really. I have this manual and I was studying it. I'm wondering how many miles I can do with normal riding of this motorbike. Maybe pump is not power enough? Coolant liquid?

Any suggestions?

What about yours motorbikes? How many miles you can do without stopping?

Not really ? Well read it again then !

MotoBike - KTM RC 125 - 2018

Brand new.

Today temperature is 6C

Riding bike few minutes - around 7 miles

LCD display showing high temperature. It's normal after few miles?

Sorry for my question It's my first motorbike.

LCD does NOT show high temperature, it's not even half warmed up .

just to give you a bit of knowledge

a vehicles cooling system is a pressurised system .

the system will be classed as overheating within a general range of 112-124 degrees celcius as it is under pressure so boils higher than 100deg c

The average normal running temp of an engine is between 82 & 96 degrees celcius .There is a Thermostat ( a temperature controlled valve) in the system that stays closed until the coolant in the engine reaches a certain temp then it opens and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator ..( normal running temp )

The cooling fan is designed to kick in at a certain temperature and under normal riding conditions ( ie riding as moving air going through the radiator cools it down) will not operate until circumstances changes ie you are stationary or slow moving traffic then it will kick in to cool it down .This still does not mean your engine is overheating though ..

The temperature gauge will have a display that will vary on conditions ie .. summer normal temp will be higher than winter .

If it goes all the way to the top and stays there with steam coming out then stop , allow the bike to cool.down and investigate.Same as if it goes all the way to the top and then drops to the bottom .

Anywhere else in the guage as long as it rises from the bottom and fluctuates a few dashes over the journey then i would just keep riding .

just to give you a bit of knowledge

a vehicles cooling system is a pressurised system .

the system will be classed as overheating within a general range of 112-124 degrees celcius as it is under pressure so boils higher than 100deg c

The average normal running temp of an engine is between 82 & 96 degrees celcius .There is a Thermostat ( a temperature controlled valve) in the system that stays closed until the coolant in the engine reaches a certain temp then it opens and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator ..( normal running temp )

The cooling fan is designed to kick in at a certain temperature and under normal riding conditions ( ie riding as moving air going through the radiator cools it down) will not operate until circumstances changes ie you are stationary or slow moving traffic then it will kick in to cool it down .This still does not mean your engine is overheating though ..

The temperature gauge will have a display that will vary on conditions ie .. summer normal temp will be higher than winter .

If it goes all the way to the top and stays there with steam coming out then stop , allow the bike to cool.down and investigate.Same as if it goes all the way to the top and then drops to the bottom .

Anywhere else in the guage as long as it rises from the bottom and fluctuates a few dashes over the journey then i would just keep riding .

Thank you mate for expert explain me this how it's system cooling works. This is what I wanted.

Well if you did it would take you two days to get to Scotland. 😆