Looking for advice.

billlang64

My 81 year old father owns a yellow coloured Honda Hornet 600cc which I have ridden a number of times in his 11 years of ownership. He is now at the stage where he wishes to sell the bike which he bought for himself as a 70th birthday present and I would consider purchasing it but think the bike might be a bit small for my 6 foot plus frame. My problem is that his Hornet is one of the limited edition Eddie Jordan Hornets. Only 80 were made and his is the 80th of of only 80 produced. In addition the thing is immaculate and has around 4,000 miles on the clock. I have seen replicas of this bike but can find very little information about them and certainly haven't been able to find another for sale in the UK. Does anyone have experience with the Jordan Hornet or have any idea what their worth?

1678589538_image(2).thumb.jpg.f366b4430688f9131279058c54afd83a.jpg

I can't help you there I'm afraid, like most things though I would imagine it may not currently be worth as much as it should be. If you can I would keep it and look after it, I'm sure in years to come it will only go up in price. Just keep all original paperwork to prove its an authentic Jordan. It looks stunning, I used to think the f1 Jordan Hondas looked great in that scheme

Hi, you look miles to big for it , and it looks horrible in yellow ....... I'll do you a favour and buy it off you :thumb:

:D only joking ... it looks a lovely bike , have you got the Honda Civic that went with it , apparently they gave you the hornet if you bought the car .

Hello! I love these bikes, and as such have spend a while hunting them down - I've seen quite a few on ebay.. not HUGE value I think they were generally between £1500 - £2000.

There's one just sold in Dublin for £1600

https://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/honda/honda-hornet-600cc-1998-jordan-f1-colours/3679087

I am unsure if anyone made "replicas" all the ones I saw were listed as limited edition and the age was right for them...

Probably not what you were hoping to hear and I could be wrong, things are only ever worth as much as people are willing to pay!

Hello! I love these bikes, and as such have spend a while hunting them down - I've seen quite a few on ebay.. not HUGE value I think they were generally between £1500 - £2000.

There's one just sold in Dublin for £1600

https://www.adverts.ie/car/motorbikes/honda/honda-hornet-600cc-1998-jordan-f1-colours/3679087

I am unsure if anyone made "replicas" all the ones I saw were listed as limited edition and the age was right for them...

Probably not what you were hoping to hear and I could be wrong, things are only ever worth as much as people are willing to pay!

That adds only 5 years old :booty:

That adds only 5 years old :booty:

meh it was the only one I could find.

Although on closer inspection, the tank decal looks different (I didn't zoom in on OPs pic at first) so maybe the ones I saw were dealer specials based on it as the buy a car get a bike thing seems to be just for the EJ ones.

My Dad's is a Y plate which I think equates to 2001, I think dealerships sold kits similar to the Jordan one but they are never quite the same. There is a small plaque near the handlebars which has Eddie Jordans signature engraved into it and the production number. Most of the stuff I've found online says there were only 50 produced but this particular one was donated to Celtic Football Club by Eddie Jordan and was apparently the last one produced. Honda sold the Jordan Honda cars easily but didn't find it so easy to sell the bikes as you had to buy the Civic to be offered the Hornet. That didn't exactly work and the bikes were then sold individually. It's a lovely bike but maybe not for a guy of 6 foot 2 lol. Might stick to my Pan and advertise it on Bike Trader.

My Dad's is a Y plate which I think equates to 2001, I think dealerships sold kits similar to the Jordan one but they are never quite the same. There is a small plaque near the handlebars which has Eddie Jordans signature engraved into it and the production number. Most of the stuff I've found online says there were only 50 produced but this particular one was donated to Celtic Football Club by Eddie Jordan and was apparently the last one produced. Honda sold the Jordan Honda cars easily but didn't find it so easy to sell the bikes as you had to buy the Civic to be offered the Hornet. That didn't exactly work and the bikes were then sold individually. It's a lovely bike but maybe not for a guy of 6 foot 2 lol. Might stick to my Pan and advertise it on Bike Trader.

I found an awesome 90's website with the info and original Honda leaflet :lol:

http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/news/jordan.html

Apparently they would match the bike number to the number of the car (so I found someone who had bike 69 as he had car 69 and probably giggled the entire time)

I found an awesome 90's website with the info and original Honda leaflet :lol:

http://hybrid.honda-perf.org/news/jordan.html

Apparently they would match the bike number to the number of the car (so I found someone who had bike 69 as he had car 69 and probably giggled the entire time)

Why did he giggle all the time :?

Advertise in Glasgow if it's ex bhoys.

Someone may pay over the odds for some connection. Even a remote one.

Try some of the Celtic fan pages on FB.

Deffo if you have documentation relating to CFC.

COYBIG

• 5 months later...

HELLO!!! Sorry to jump on this thread but I’ve been looking for someone who owns one of these bikes for almost 5 years now! I own one of the Honda Civic Jordan’s which was sold along side the bikes back in 1999. It is completely original and looks how it did almost 20 years ago in the dealership and I’ve always wanted to get a photo of my car next to one of the bikes (I still have the original brochure of them both together)

Where abouts are you based! I know this reply seems like a long shot but you don’t know if you don’t ask!

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am in the same position. Did you sell your dads bike in the end. My dads has never been registered lived in a garage. Only been ridden on the drive by me. Its the genuine bike as my mum has the limited edition civic as well. You had to buy the car to get the bike. He may sell it but not sure what’s its worth.

Ours is basically brand new in appearance as not been anywhere.

If anyone has any idea of value let me know

😀

• 9 months later...

Hi only came on this. I own a 1999 Hornet. It was originally sold with car 69. It is number 69 on the signed plaque. It is the only one that I can find information on on the net. It was purchased from the original owner of both car and bike. Only 3200 miles. Do you still own yours. Very rare bike not many sold with the original plaque. From research these bikes where prepared by Dream Machine as they were ordinary Hornets resprayed by them for UK and Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

i am also looking for answers about my 1998 Hornet 600 as mine is also supposed to be a special edition jordan hornet, it as above is deffinately been done by DREAM MACHINE, is there anywhere on the bike that has any identifying marks or plates etc or anywhere i can ask to find out for sure. Many thanks

As [mention]Bender[/mention] replied last week to another new member asking I think you might be out of luck on this thread as the original poster hasn't been back since March 2019

From googling there was only 50 genuine Jordan hornets that were made. You could only buy one if you also bought the limited edition Honda Civic Jordan too :shock:

to add to the fun the sticker kit for the bike is quite plentiful so there are plenty of copies about too :roll:

Guest Swagman

Hi all,

i am also looking for answers about my 1998 Hornet 600 as mine is also supposed to be a special edition jordan hornet, it as above is deffinately been done by DREAM MACHINE, is there anywhere on the bike that has any identifying marks or plates etc or anywhere i can ask to find out for sure. Many thanks

Apparently there is a plaque signed by Eddie Jordan on them somewhere near the handlebars. :thumb:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...