So what motorbiking films do you like?

Guest Speedy23

My faves (no particular order)

The Loveless

Easy Rider

Mad Max I

No Limit

Hells Angels on Wheels (featuring cameo by Hunter S Thompson)

The Leather Boys

Psychomania

Once a Jolly Swagman

EDITED TO ADD: Magnum Force

....and 2 from the archives, both documentaries from "Look at Life".......

All through the Night.....April 1960 - features some of the only surviving footage of the Busy Bee on the Watford by-pass

Behind the Ton-Up boys.....August 1964

Anybody else got any favourites we should know about?

Edited by Anonymous

My faves (no particular order)

The Loveless

Easy Rider

Mad Max I

No Limit

Hells Angels on Wheels (featuring cameo by Hunter S Thompson)

The Leather Boys

Psychomania

Once a Jolly Swagman

....and 2 from the archives, both documentaries from "Look at Life".......

All through the Night.....April 1960 - features some of the only surviving footage of the Busy Bee on the Watford by-pass

Behind the Ton-Up boys.....August 1964

Anybody else got any favourites we should know about?

Watching The Leather Boys now - got a huge smile on my face :D

[mention]Marino[/mention]

I wouldn't admit that in a public forum :lol: though I think I might have it on dvd somewhere!!

Wild Hogs is ok, I kind of like Hells Angels on wheels with Jack Nicholson.

There's a documentary called Somewhere else tomorrow thats meant to be good, haven't seen that yet.

Brit comedy called FreeBird was a laugh from what I remember

">

I watched this for the first time when I was beginning to get into the world of motorcycling.

I will never race and I doubt I'll ever do a track day, but I find the mental & psychological aspects of the TT amazing. This video has some conversations with people involved and then BAM... six minutes in it explodes.... then quietens down again. The middle bit with some racing footage works well because up to that point it has been quite serene. Then some more talk about the very real dangers.

Brilliantly done film.

Terminator 2 8-)

Yeh - gotta love the bit where Arnie jumps the FatBoy into the Hollywood River 8-) and it turns into a 2-stroke while it's in mid-air...... Bit like in Magnum Force (the film, not the ice-cream) when the Guzzi Police 750 turns into a Triumph 650 and simultaneously manages to sound like a Bultaco as it goes over the side of the carrier deck....

Another vote for the worlds fastest Indian here.

One of my fave films ever, not just motorbike films.

Based on a true story as well, if you haven’t seen it yet then you definitely should.

Will do

Have you noticed when you see an in-line four engined bike, the lovely sound is always dubbed over with a shitty single cylinder engine.

Oh, and they always have to keep revving it up or it will stall. :lol:

Terminator 2 8-)

Yeh - gotta love the bit where Arnie jumps the FatBoy into the Hollywood River 8-) and it turns into a 2-stroke while it's in mid-air...... Bit like in Magnum Force (the film, not the ice-cream) when the Guzzi Police 750 turns into a Triumph 650 and simultaneously manages to sound like a Bultaco as it goes over the side of the carrier deck....

Are you sure, it looks like a Fatboy throughout the entire stunt to me ....yep just watched it , definitely a Fatboy from start to finish. The only thing fake is the rider . I reckon even the sparks are real where the frame hits the road due to the suspension fully compressing. BIG EDIT ..... I've done the research, it was a Fatboy throughout the the stunt BUT it wasn't actually ridden off a 30ft drop . Disappointingly it was lowered on wires by a crane and this was all removed by cgi afterwards. Oh well , fooled me a dozen times.

Screenshot_20190316-194234.thumb.png.66ab8ee0f3de3cb6d4882993cdbc6326.png

Screenshot_20190316-194031.thumb.png.40d88cc494db33b45667e7670d2de96f.png

Terminator 2 8-)

Are you sure, it looks like a Fatboy throughout the entire stunt to me ....yep just watched it , definitely a Fatboy from start to finish. The only thing fake is the rider . I reckon even the sparks are real where the frame hits the road due to the suspension fully compressing. BIG EDIT ..... I've done the research, it was a Fatboy throughout the the stunt BUT it wasn't actually ridden off a 30ft drop . Disappointingly it was lowered on wires by a crane and this was all removed by cgi afterwards. Oh well , fooled me a dozen times.

....what I meant, Bob, was listen to the noise it (suposedly) makes as it's flyin'........not really what you'd expect a 1340 Evo to sound like, eh?

well how many films have we all watched and suddenly the four stroke bikes all start sounding like two strokes :roll:

.....but that don't make it right, does it?????

I don't know what's worse......the filmmakers doing it or them assuming we won't notice. Anyway, it boils my piss.

But as H.L.Mencken said, “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”

Suppose we get what we deserve - even if we ain't American. :roll:

....what I meant, Bob, was listen to the noise it (suposedly) makes as it's flyin'........not really what you'd expect a 1340 Evo to sound like, eh?

I'll have a listen but I always thought it was quite realistic because it would rev it's tits off as soon as the back wheel left the ground .

Edited by fastbob

You cant complain about Terminator 2 without mentioning the dirt bike with 17 gears :lol:

And that it is the only 2 stroke XR100 ever made..

I imagine people who know about guns must find almost all films completely infuriating, wrong sounds, wrong techniques, wrong reactions.. I'm glad it's just the bike bits I can't believe!

Apart from The World's Fastest Indian , I tend to find "Bike" films either inaccurate or embarrassing in their portrayal of the Biking Community.

Apart from The World's Fastest Indian , I tend to find "Bike" films either inaccurate or embarrassing in their portrayal of the Biking Community.

If you ever watch a film that is supposed to be about something you know \ your profession it inevitability is a load of crap to you because it rarely reflects real life. eg Every fireman I've met when doing fire courses weeps in their beer over that dire film "Backdraft". I laughed at various bits in Perfect Storm, Poseidon Adventure and Titanic. My wife can't stand any kind of medical drama and any film \ programme about police has my son in law reaching for the barf bag. Watching a film about which I know sweet FA about the subject matter I can be as happy as a pig in poo.

If you ever watch a film that is supposed to be about something you know \ your profession it inevitability is a load of crap to you because it rarely reflects real life. eg Every fireman I've met when doing fire courses weeps in their beer over that dire film "Backdraft". I laughed at various bits in Perfect Storm, Poseidon Adventure and Titanic. My wife can't stand any kind of medical drama and any film \ programme about police has my son in law reaching for the barf bag. Watching a film about which I know sweet FA about the subject matter I can be as happy as a pig in poo.

Unfortunately I watched The Office and only saw reality.