motorbike simulator mechanic

workpeter

Left hand thread on mt10 right mirror stem

Oh yes , of course, I think most Yamahas have a left hand thread on the right mirror. Makes sense really .

Left hand thread on mt10 right mirror stem

Oh yes , of course, I think most Yamahas have a left hand thread on the right mirror. Makes sense really .

I had a Hinckley Bonneville as a courtesy bike - the right hand mirror acted as a kind of speed limiter, as soon as I reached 80mph ( on a closed road m’lord ) it started unwinding it’s self making it useless, could have done with a LH thread.

Sorry to appear thick, but why would wind pressure loosen the thread on the right mirror ? Isn't that trying to tighten the thread ? Whereas the left mirror, if being pushed backwards would be loosening ..... ?

Or am I missing something ??

I do remember having a Yamaha with a self-loosening mirror and I know one of the threads was left hand, but I can't remember which was which .....

Sorry to appear thick, but why would wind pressure loosen the thread on the right mirror ? Isn't that trying to tighten the thread ? Whereas the left mirror, if being pushed backwards would be loosening ..... ?

I do remember having a Yamaha with a self-loosening mirror and I know one of the threads was left hand, but I can't remember which was which .....

Good point

Good point, maybe it did have a LH thread after all, in which case it’s a rubbish idea.

We got it the wrong way round, it's left hand mirrors that have left hand threads on Yamahas.

Name that left-hand thread in one.......?

Left hand pedal on a push bike. :wink:

So, possibly by extension, also on an SS50 or FS1E? Not forgetting the Punch Maxi. Oh god.

Or this offering1EC9A6BF-AED1-466A-8A98-0CDD5322451E.thumb.jpeg.6f15cfc02c41af13268ac91b8749f82a.jpeg86D0A40C-7E41-4104-9386-8D3D0165F201.thumb.jpeg.87966dcd7034db59538a011c113b7380.jpeg1AD48FAF-EEBC-4B0E-A500-D5B24F55C77E.thumb.jpeg.5c547293af61beeff3c851d373d8bbd7.jpeg

Rover imperial. At the Gaydon museum.