Selling my bike

fastbob

Hi [mention]fastbob[/mention] Keeping my fingers crossed for you mate, I know how you feel. Hate that feeling when people don't turn up, I pace the bloody house :D.

Until the Missus say's sit down and shut up, they will be here, and 9 times out of 10 she's right :evil:

Good luck Sunday.

Well it's fast approaching 10:00 am and still no response from this prospective buyer.He said he would text me on Thursday but didn't although in his previous text he did say maybe Sunday. In the interim I sent a text expressing my concern for his son ,who was apparently attacked, asking him to clarify his intentions. There was no reply to this text at all which does not fill me with hope. I don't want to offend the guy by being too pushy because it's quite possible that his son was very seriously hurt and he has spent the last few days at his bedside in hospital. On the other hand he might be a complete fantasist who just wanted to sit on a GSXR 1100 . Either way this is really doing my head in.

Frustrating, mate.......I'd text him and lay it on the line, but in a tactful kinda way......"Hi mate, just want to confirm if you still want the bike. If you've had a change of heart that's OK, but please let me know, as I need to sell it and I'll need to readvertise it ASAP. Many thanks.....etc"

Frustrating, mate.......I'd text him and lay it on the line, but in a tactful kinda way......"Hi mate, just want to confirm if you still want the bike. If you've had a change of heart that's OK, but please let me know, as I need to sell it and I'll need to readvertise it ASAP. Many thanks.....etc"

Thats pretty much word for word what I will do I think. On reflection , when he came to see it he said he had to do some "Checks" Well given that I've got the V5 and the HPI check and you can check tax and MOT on a phone in seconds , what checks was he refering to ? There's a cashpoint a hundred yards from my house so what's the deal here ?

hopes he’s not bob , but he sounds like a messer to me .

I'm giving it till noon but I'll leave the door open to him just in case he has a legitimate reason for being out of touch. But I'd really like to know one way or the other.

I'm giving it till noon but I'll leave the door open to him just in case he has a legitimate reason for being out of touch. But I'd really like to know one way or the other.

Yeh, take him 30 seconds to text you let you know .

Which he has just done ! Coming over this afternoon. I'll be so glad when this is in the bag . Uncertainty is the one thing that really brings my Asperger's to the fore so this has not been a pleasant weekend.

Which he has just done ! Coming over this afternoon. I'll be so glad when this is in the bag . Uncertainty is the one thing that really brings my Asperger's to the fore so this has not been a pleasant weekend.

and relaaaxxxxx :thumb: ,

and relaaaxxxxx :thumb: ,

I'll relax when I'm sitting on my Harley , thanks for the interest mate .

Hope it all falls into place.

Don't get why the buyer didn't leave a deposit when he viewed it, I always go prepared with the money when looking at cars or bikes.

Maybe he's been stung before .

14: 30 he said . It's now 14:50 . Is this some kind of cruel game ? Why can't he text to say he's running late ? I can't take much more of this nonsense. That's most of my Sunday wasted now , I could be out on my bike right now.

It's off , he states that his son has taken a turn for the worse and that the bike is "Just not meant to be " To be honest I'm 50/50 whether to believe any of this stuff about his son . It's all deeply disappointing.

It's off , he states that his son has taken a turn for the worse and that the bike is "Just not meant to be " To be honest I'm 50/50 whether to believe any of this stuff about his son . It's all deeply disappointing.

Sounds like horseshit from a complete waster. Sorry, mate, that’s a bummer.

That’s really not good hope you are able to get another buyer quickly.

I know exactly what you have gone through Bob I used to get the same when I was selling vehicles on auto trader a lot of years ago, people said they would turn up on a day agreed and that was the last I heard of them b******s :x