Selling my bike

fastbob

Got another buyer on the hook but I won't bore you guys with a running commentary this time ! 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Hope this one pans out for you .

FFS what have I gotta do ? The guy gave me a £200 cash deposit and we agreed full payment in cash on Tuesday . Now he wants to pay me by PayPal . I'm not keen because I don't fully understand how this works and I've heard the stories about withdrawn transactions.

I understand people not wanting to carry loads of cash or having time to go to the bank. But if you're not happy a small message of you'd prefer cash please!

I've done exactly that and there has been no response. This is becoming an emotional rollercoaster .

I'm not sure, but if it is paid as friends and family, the process can't be reversed there is no buyer protection using that method, but just check with PP's terms and conditions :thumb:

No , I just ain't doing it . Cash or he can have his deposit back .

In these situations you have to go with what you feel most comfortable with, hope it all goes right :thumb:

I have bought a bike using PayPal. It allowed me to make part of the payment using my credit card so I could spread the cost over a couple of months. Something that's normally impossible for a private sale. No big deal.

I have bought a bike using PayPal. It allowed me to make part of the payment using my credit card so I could spread the cost over a couple of months. Something that's normally impossible for a private sale. No big deal.

Not thought of that good trick to remember...

Don't forget there is always direct bank transfer. If you ever do this send £1 first just to make sure they get that (no mixed numbers :shock: ) then send the rest....