Today's crash

Guest Richzx6r

Bad news - hope you get things sorted.

Your experience makes me think hold old some of my kit is - it all looks OK but I wonder if some of the stitching is perished? Maybe we ought to replace kit after a certain time period no matter how good it looks?

Yes you should, sweat and stretching and general wear takes its toll.

And them gloves were my favourite pair too I'd had them for about 10 years.....

Alas this is why it's worth updating some of your gear every so often! Else if stops being protective.

Sorry for your off, massive inconvenience but at least you're ok! Hope you feel ready to get back on your bike soon!

Guest Richzx6r

And them gloves were my favourite pair too I'd had them for about 10 years.....

Alas this is why it's worth updating some of your gear every so often! Else if stops being protective.

Sorry for your off, massive inconvenience but at least you're ok! Hope you feel ready to get back on your bike soon!

Yea it is very worth updating most of your gear more often, and tbh I'm already itching to get back out riding, I'm a biker through and through only time I'll stop riding is when I die.

Thanks for the well wishes guys its greatly appreciated

Guest Richzx6r

sorry to hear this mate, hope you get everything sorted ASAP. What gloves are those? I think I may want to avoid them.

They have schoeller keprotec on the label but as said they are at very least 10 years old maybe older and were used pretty much daily and in every kind of weather, I honestly don't blame the gloves, I blame myself for having such an old pair but kept using them because they were so comfortable

Guest Richzx6r

ouch :shock:

glad it didn't turn out worse for you, and now you get to go new glove shopping :lol:

Cheers mate I'm glad too could have been alot worse, and as for glove shopping I actually don't like it because I have very odd sized hands I find if the fingers fit the palm is too small and if the palm fits the fingers are way too long but these gloves that are now ex gloves fitted like....wait for it........a glove *pun intended *

So I'm honestly not looking forward to it

Bad news - hope you get things sorted.

Your experience makes me think hold old some of my kit is - it all looks OK but I wonder if some of the stitching is perished? Maybe we ought to replace kit after a certain time period no matter how good it looks?

Very helpful video from Fortnine on gear replacement -

">

ouch :shock:

glad it didn't turn out worse for you, and now you get to go new glove shopping :lol:

Cheers mate I'm glad too could have been alot worse, and as for glove shopping I actually don't like it because I have very odd sized hands I find if the fingers fit the palm is too small and if the palm fits the fingers are way too long but these gloves that are now ex gloves fitted like....wait for it........a glove *pun intended *

So I'm honestly not looking forward to it

Lots of people have fingers longer or shorter than average so your not alone. Held make gloves in short, average and long. Not cheap but what price comfort?!

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/110726

Guest Richzx6r

That's pretty good to know, but 20k kms for gloves I'd say my gloves outlived that 2 fold easily so yea maybe sentimental value got the better of me....

Guest Richzx6r

Cheers slowly, I thought that but does everyone really have that much trouble finding the right gear? I just thought maybe I'm an odd size and shape

Guest Richzx6r

Motorcycle gloves are definitely a pain in the wotnot to buy. My hands are average but I have tried out so many motorcycle gloves that just didn’t fit.

The guy at helmet city said gloves were the hardest item to get a good fit on.

Good luck.

I think I will definitely need some luck, couple that with not having too many bike shops around here for some reason

Just read this, sorry for you [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] finger injuries really hurt & inconvenient, but on the bright side you now have a Lorenzo hand. Good luck with the claim hope all pans out :thumb:

Shit dude; glad you're mainly ok. keep an eye on the nail and any swelling or green colour go to the doctor. I'm sure [mention]Slowlycatchymonkey[/mention] Will fact check this but I vaguely remember infections in the nail are much bad if the nail closes over it?

As we've established you're well enough to forum post, what's the bike damage? I've replaced most of mine so if you need part finding tips hit me up bro :cheers:

I was avoiding commenting on the injury because if you lost the whole nail and it may well include the nail bed so.... it’ll heal well but.... you may not have a nail on that finger 😬 wait n see.

Dont worry yourself about infection it would have bled profusely (fingers are good at that) and any germs are washed from the wound by this action, handy ay? :lol: Too early for jokes?!

But just in case on the infection front-

Infection is more likely to be acquired after the injury so just make sure you keep it clean and follow any instructions you’ve been given.

Keeping a hand wound clean is a pig, think of how many times you’ve put a plaster on your hand to get it dirty or sopping wet minutes later, this you want to avoid so get yourself on amazon, get some disposable gloves and put one on EVERYTIME your going to do something that will get the dressing wet or dirty. Washing will be fun :shock: if your not hairy a bit of tape round the top of the glove (or even a sandwich bag) will help keep unclean water out. Don’t leave the glove or waterproofing on for any length of time, making it sweat won’t help with healing.

The gloves below are good but remember the glove has to accommodate your bandaged (and swollen/sensitive) finger so get a much bigger size. Use a plastic bag in the mean time. If they’re not available in your size on this link just type ‘bodyguard gloves’ in and lots will appear. You can buy a finger sheath but most of them are waterproof which equals sweaty so I’d avoid.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TLG3O8/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Guest Richzx6r

Shit dude; glad you're mainly ok. keep an eye on the nail and any swelling or green colour go to the doctor. I'm sure @Slowlycatchymonkey Will fact check this but I vaguely remember infections in the nail are much bad if the nail closes over it?

As we've established you're well enough to forum post, what's the bike damage? I've replaced most of mine so if you need part finding tips hit me up bro :cheers:

Thanks Hoggs, I'm fairly good now the finger hasn't been causing much pain at all and with the bike it's all cosmetic damage to the fairings, levers and exhaust I'll post a few pics of the bike up later, as for finding parts I'm going through the insurance so guess it will probably be a write off for economical purposes but shall wait and see :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

I was avoiding commenting on the injury because if you lost the whole nail and it may well include the nail bed so.... it’ll heal well but.... you may not have a nail on that finger 😬 wait n see.

Dont worry yourself about infection it would have bled profusely (fingers are good at that) and any germs are washed from the wound by this action, handy ay? :lol: Too early for jokes?!

But just in case on the infection front-

Infection is more likely to be acquired after the injury so just make sure you keep it clean and follow any instructions you’ve been given.

Keeping a hand wound clean is a pig, think of how many times you’ve put a plaster on your hand to get it dirty or sopping wet minutes later, this you want to avoid so get yourself on amazon, get some disposable gloves and put one on EVERYTIME your going to do something that will get the dressing wet or dirty. Washing will be fun :shock: if your not hairy a bit of tape round the top of the glove (or even a sandwich bag) will help keep unclean water out. Don’t leave the glove or waterproofing on for any length of time, making it sweat won’t help with healing.

The gloves below are good but remember the glove has to accommodate your bandaged (and swollen/sensitive) finger so get a much bigger size. Use a plastic bag in the mean time. If they’re not available in your size on this link just type ‘bodyguard gloves’ in and lots will appear. You can buy a finger sheath but most of them are waterproof which equals sweaty so I’d avoid.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004TLG3O8/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yea the nail was gone along with most of the nail bed so they were able to stitch up what was left of the nail bed and hide the bit of bone that was showing through, I'm glad with what you say about infection as that's one of my concerns but they gave it a very good clean.

As for fingers bleeding profusely......I can certainly attest that they definitely do bleed alot, I was dripping everywhere

Guest Richzx6r

Just read this, sorry for you @Richzx6r finger injuries really hurt & inconvenient, but on the bright side you now have a Lorenzo hand. Good luck with the claim hope all pans out :thumb:

That hand is my superhero hand anyway what with the scars already accumulated on it but thanks :thumb:

how much were the gloves? Im having second thoughts now on my 25 quid gloves..

get well soon of course!

I'm looking at my Aldi gloves in a different light right now .

Guest Richzx6r

how much were the gloves? Im having second thoughts now on my 25 quid gloves..

get well soon of course!

I'm looking at my Aldi gloves in a different light right now .

I honestly think that they are up to the job unless they are getting old