My zx6r

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

So should my ninja be a write off iv been told that I would be able to buy the bike back for just a couple of hundred quid which I would do but I'd probably look to get something different to use on the road and maybe do the ninja up a tad/alot.......what should I do any advice/ideas would be nice.

Only thing i will say is I'll not be getting rid of the fairing as I need a fairing

Guest Richzx6r

YES LETS REBIILD THE NINJA!!!! I've got a spare indicator if you want it :D

hows that for a start

You see I was thinking maybe a full restoration maybe but if I did that I couldn't really put it on the track?

Does it not depend upon what category of write off it is?

I don't know. What I do know is you had better hurry . I wrecked a bike once and after a preliminary check of the brakes and tyres at my home in Coventry, it was taken off to be assessed by Frettons of Leamington . They declared it a write off so I asked about buying the bike back but they said that they no longer had it . It had already been shipped to a storage facility in Oswestry . When I phoned them a guy offered to buy it off me for £500 ! An offer I gratefully accepted . So combined with my insurance pay out I actually had more money than I had paid for it in the first place ....... which was nice. That was a long time ago though and I think the laws have changed since then.

Guest Richzx6r

Does it not depend upon what category of write off it is?

I don't know. What I do know is you had better hurry . I wrecked a bike once and after a preliminary check of the brakes and tyres at my home in Coventry, it was taken off to be assessed by Frettons of Leamington . They declared it a write off so I asked about buying the bike back but they said that they no longer had it . It had already been shipped to a storage facility in Oswestry . When I phoned them a guy offered to buy it off me for £500 ! An offer I gratefully accepted . So combined with my insurance pay out I actually had more money than I had paid for it in the first place ....... which was nice. That was a long time ago though and I think the laws have changed since then.

I will give them a call in the morning to see what's what