A new bike means new kit right?

So OK I know I haven't past my test yet but this little beauty came up for sale in the week and after thinking about it and chatting with Mr SometimesSansEngine I put a deposit down today.

Now all my kit apart from my helmet is black but the hornet is red so I'm thinking some new kit is in order right?

Well maybe not straight away I need to get over the sting of paying for the bike 😂

Screenshot_20190324_202031.thumb.jpg.8d2f981c762a209e9c130319d7c0dac6.jpg

Edited by Magpie84

Nice! I'm always trying not to buy new bike kit. I think it is an addiction :lol:

First priority should definitely be a fenda extenda. It's so short on the back of the wheel it looks like it's missing!!!

If it is anything like my grom, it is much easier to clean the crap from under the seat than trying to clean a close fitting fender.

First priority should definitely be a fenda extenda. It's so short on the back of the wheel it looks like it's missing!!!

If it is anything like my grom, it is much easier to clean the crap from under the seat than trying to clean a close fitting fender.

How on earth does crap get under the seat from the front wheel? And it's no effort cleaning an extenda.. Just wipe it down.

How on earth does crap get under the seat from the front wheel? And it's no effort cleaning an extenda.. Just wipe it down.

I think there was a slight misinterpretation going on there; 'Arwen' must have thought you were referring to the hugger.

I think there was a slight misinterpretation going on there; 'Arwen' must have thought you were referring to the hugger.

Yup, misinterpreted "back of the wheel" as "back wheel" :lol:

Confused as to why my name is in inverted commas though... :scratch:

Yup, misinterpreted "back of the wheel" as "back wheel" :lol:

Confused as to why my name is in inverted commas though... :scratch:

Arwen, don't lose any sleep over it, it's just my quirky brand of written English. :)

I used to wear a red jacket similar to that which was a hand me down from my dad, no idea where it is now not that I'd have any hope of fitting in to it now

The difference is it was a means jacket......I hope :scratch:

Because of my height I'll probably end up having to buy a mens jacket but I can hope this one will fit as it would match the hornet.

Guest Richzx6r

I used to wear a red jacket similar to that which was a hand me down from my dad, no idea where it is now not that I'd have any hope of fitting in to it now

Because of my height I'll probably end up having to buy a mens jacket but I can hope this one will fit as it would match the hornet.

Well here's to hoping it fits, I need full new kit after the 19th accident but I need to know what bike I'm getting first, would love a ninja h2 but can't really spend 15k on a bike so I'm thinking about going down the hayabusa route instead as they are more accessible to my budget

How much are you budgeting for?

The Valerie jacket looks nice for the money. There's a stockist of that jacket not far from you.

Moto Corsa Ltd

The Old Brewery

Wyke Road

GILLINGHAM,

Dorset SP8 4NW

Why not get in touch and see if they can get a couple of jackets in to try on......the sizing chart looks fairly inclusive. Apart from that, for a bit more money, Goldtop do a made to measure service for ladies clothing. I will vouch for these people - very helpful and friendly service. And if anything needs attention after you've bought your jacket, they will help. And if you're wondering, no I don't work for them - just speaking as a satisfied customer. :thumb: