Best tips for enfield mod 2 this friday - update second test passed!

Nice one Steve. Well done.

I have mine in cambridge on Tuesday. I am a little worried as they are booking up fast so if I fail I may have a long wait.

I only had one lesson in cambridge and no prior experience in the area, I think it's a great area to do the test, everything is sign posted really well and roundabout signs are nice and clear, the worst thing about failing is the wait for the next test, the two weeks up to this week seemed like they took forever lol, anyway best of luck to your test, the feeling of passing is absolutely amazing :D

Guest Richzx6r

So second test today and I done it at Cambridge instead of enfield and passed with one minor woop! The route was amazing, 20s,30s,40s,50s,60s,70s we done it all and the examiner was really friendly, sitting here with the biggest grin :D another biker joins the club!

Congrats Steve welcome to the club, now the fun really starts :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

Nice one Steve. Well done.

I have mine in cambridge on Tuesday. I am a little worried as they are booking up fast so if I fail I may have a long wait.

I did mine at the cambridge one in 2011 through Ian at art training, flew through the test with 1 minor first time and that was for hesitation. (Parked cars along my side of the road with a van oncoming in the centre of his lane, I felt it would be slightly tight due to his and the parked cars positions and not knowing if any of the cars had drivers so decided to slow down slightly to maybe 10 mph so the van could pass and I could then proceed giving the parked cars a good gap but that's undue hesitation in his eyes but hey I passed so it was all good)

I'm sure you will be fine, but good luck anyway

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! I have my Md 2 test tomorrow at Enfield and I'm petrified. i don't really have an experience of riding ,just done 6 session of DAS training. I passed Mod 1 for 1st time at Enfield centre, but Mod 1 is easy. I'm dreading Mod 2. I have read all the topics with Mod 2 tips , but I'm just wondering whether there are some new changes to any of the roads around? I don't really know Enfield, so it might be tricky at some point. Any advice ? please?

Hi everyone! I have my Md 2 test tomorrow at Enfield and I'm petrified. i don't really have an experience of riding ,just done 6 session of DAS training. I passed Mod 1 for 1st time at Enfield centre, but Mod 1 is easy. I'm dreading Mod 2. I have read all the topics with Mod 2 tips , but I'm just wondering whether there are some new changes to any of the roads around? I don't really know Enfield, so it might be tricky at some point. Any advice ? please?

I did my test there and used to drive around the area for work so know bits of it. If I remember correctly there is a 20mph right by the test centre which people miss and quite a few 40's close to the centre around the industrial areas, not always easy to see the signs as you enter so keep an eye out for repeaters. There is a section they sometimes use where they ask you to do a right hand turn on, in a residential, where you are on a one way street but its not too obvious so make sure you position yourself in the road accordingly. Also a roundabout at waltham cross where it's a nsl as you leave so you need to get up to speed. Really its the general things, watch our for speed limits, take it easy, relax as best you can, lots of observation, even as you are setting off in the car park, cancel your signals and imagine you are on a normal ride out with an instructor.

If I can do it anyone can! :thumb:

breathe and relax...

couple of shots of Jacky D if your a bit to nervy :thumb:

breathe and relax...

couple of shots of Jacky D if your a bit to nervy :thumb:

Damn you Six30 , that's pretty much what I was going to suggest ! 😂😂😂

Try to make it a 'thing' to look for speed limit changes as you approach junctions you're turning into and across the roundabout when scanning for your exit. When you're concentrating on lots of difference things they're easy to miss.

Remember street lamps and no repeaters: 30mph limit

20, 40, 50 and NSL will have repeaters if there are street lights around.

If there's a lot of traffic calming measures you may also be in a 20mph zone, but usually you won't be able to go that fast in these areas anyway.

Does anyone know if there is STOP sign at the end of Scotland Green road? On Google maps I can't see a solid white line, and the STOP sign on the road is so faded, Does the STOP sign still apply?

Thanks

If in any doubt, STOP. You won't fail for one bit of 'hesitation' if it wasn't actually a stop line, but you will if you roll through a stop line!

(And you'll only fail for 'hesitation' if you do it consistently at most junctions and roundabouts you come to when you could have kept going).

I had a quick look on GSV at that location though, it's worthwhile mentioning that is a good example of the difference between a 20mph limit and a 20mph zone.

A 20mph limit will have repeater signs because it'll look quite a lot like a 30mph road

A 20mph zone (note it says that on the entry from the A110) will have traffic calming measures

Read this for a bit more info and to put your mind at rest a bit :-) https://www.rospa.com/rospaweb/docs/advice-services/road-safety/drivers/20-mph-zone-factsheet.pdf

Lea Valley Road also a good ready reckoner on reading the speed limit from the road.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6465297,-0.0365111,3a,75y,136.86h,97.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sK_f_gMynei_bmnVJQvYGVg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

This is a wide road with a central reservation, it could be easy to mistake this as a 40mph road. BUT street lights and no repeaters. It's a 30!

It's not until the end of this road that you hit a 40 https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6450624,-0.0331202,3a,75y,125.43h,97.46t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbnSJ7Yw9xvBjrKWUL-DTZA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

If you go straight ahead here you start to get repeaters for the 40mph limit, despite the street lights

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6433587,-0.0305005,3a,75y,132.96h,80.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqgte8JSrBrsCpqa805wV6A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Hopefully not overwhelming you here, I've never driven through Enfield in my life to my knowledge, just hoping to show you what you can glean if you suddenly find yourself not sure :)

Going under for a short while until you see a repeater once in the mod2 is unlikely to be terminal.... but speeding is (direct experience, second car driving test....) Of course if you consistently do it they might start to question your adherence to signs, but once shouldn't see you failed if you sort it at the first repeater that you see.

Guest Richzx6r

Just an update, I have passed my Mod 2 today at Enfield ! :D

Thank you all so much for your knowledge and support x

Congrats bella, now the learning really begins but take it steady