Oh! what have i done..........

dynax

.......just put a deposit down on the UM Renegade Commando Classic 125, not a big one though, so if it all goes pear shaped won't lose much, but fingers crossed all goes well :thumb:

Congrats! Pics when it arrives.

Thanks, will do,

Congratulations. Pics when it arrives. I may have missed some posts, have you done your CBT yet?

Thanks, not done CBT yet, have spoke to a trainer, but due to my circumstances, will have to do it over a couple of days as days and times will need to be planned,

I know you think this bike great but through my eyes it's a just a Chinese 125 that's covered in junk to make it look like a Harley Davidson. Please consider getting an honest motorcycle like a CBF 125 or a YBR 125 .

PhotoEditor_20190327_211854941.thumb.jpg.4089d4334795c2a43e0559069aec1016.jpg

I know you think this bike great but through my eyes it's a just a Chinese 125 that's covered in junk to make it look like a Harley Davidson. Please consider getting an honest motorcycle like a CBF 125 or a YBR 125 .

He has paid the deposit....

Not a very big one and why wouldn't it be refundable ?

Appreciate the feedback, i know that china has got a bad rep on various fronts, but things are improving, also this model has had some significant improvements since the release of the first production models, i am very strict with myself when it comes to head vs heart situations, so i will keep an open mind and can make a much more of an informed decision, once i get to see it in the flesh, but the copper/cream colour combo with tan seats/luggage does give it some mouthwatering lustful brownie points :love:

Appreciate the feedback, i know that china has got a bad rep on various fronts, but things are improving, also this model has had some significant improvements since the release of the first production models, i am very strict with myself when it comes to head vs heart situations, so i will keep an open mind and can make a much more of an informed decision, once i get to see it in the flesh, but the copper/cream colour combo with tan seats/luggage does give it some mouthwatering lustful brownie points :love:

Thanks , didn't want to burst your bubble . It's just the sheer amount of clobber that this bike is clad in that doesn't appeal to my cynical eye. At the end of the day it's still only a 125 underneath all those panels . I suppose it depends upon whether you believe less is more .

Bob..... Harsh, very harsh...... Dynax has got their heart set on this..... Obviously an early foray into the world of 2 wheels.....so let them enjoy. All of the other stuff will come in due course.

Dynax.... Thanks for the video, but it is an exercise in a dealer stating the bleeding obvious. They ain't going to go out of their way to point out the deficiencies of what they are trying to flog, are they?

But..... I really hope you like your new bike - we all had to start somewhere. It is the first step you will take, so just enjoy it. A lifetime of fun awaits.... :thumb:

Welcome on board.

Not a problem, prefer good old honesty, to sugar coated bull,

did a post but it vanished,

anyway, regarding the bike, having looked for a while, nothing really appealed to me, until i found this one, the styling, colour, and size fit my requirements rather well, reliability is still in a grey area, but i'm up for a challenge, and i won't be doing the Paris-Dakar Rally, well not this year atleast :lol:

cheers,

Bob..... Harsh, very harsh...... Dynax has got their heart set on this..... Obviously an early foray into the world of 2 wheels.....so let them enjoy. All of the other stuff will come in due course.

Dynax.... Thanks for the video, but it is an exercise in a dealer stating the bleeding obvious. They ain't going to go out of their way to point out the deficiencies of what they are trying to flog, are they?

But..... I really hope you like your new bike - we all had to start somewhere. It is the first step you will take, so just enjoy it. A lifetime of fun awaits.... :thumb:

Welcome on board.

Harsh ? that's me trying to exercise gentle tact . 🙄

Welcome on board.

Bob, you be as gentle as you want :thumb:

Tact.... I like it! :thumb:

Even though you are right..... I mean, they even have to cover HDs in junk to make them look like HDs!

That was the whole extent of the business model that "Screamin' Eagle" was built on..... I mean, "live to ride" FFS? Oh well, it kept some people happy.

HOG = Hardly an Outlaw Group.......and there was me thinking a Chapter was something you found in a book....

My 125 is Chinese and it's crap... But it was my first bike and it done it's job. I didn't have to worry about MOT and to be fair to it mechanically it never had any serious problems, all that was ever done to it was HT cap (which was a recall anyway) and carb clean after I let it sitting for a while.

Also while I kept that one on 2 wheels if I had dropped it I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it.

But like I said originally it is crap... Expect every shiny bit to rust if it ever sees a drop of rain and replace all the screws in panels etc... With some stainless hex bolts (typical Chinese screws make the heads out of chocolate).

I wouldn't want to own a Chinese bike again but if I went back I'd have still gone this route.

the renegade has efi, but i am thinking of using 98 instead of regular 95 fuel, would the higher octane be any more beneficial or just stick with regular 95,

the renegade has efi, but i am thinking of using 98 instead of regular 95 fuel, would the higher octane be any more beneficial or just stick with regular 95,

Thats like putting champagne in a Lambrini girl. :lol:

Even though you are right..... I mean, they even have to cover HDs in junk to make them look like HDs!

That was the whole extent of the business model that "Screamin' Eagle" was built on..... I mean, "live to ride" FFS? Oh well, it kept some people happy.

HOG = Hardly an Outlaw Group.......and there was me thinking a Chapter was something you found in a book....

I'll bear all this in mind when I eventually get my Harley although I have got my heart set on a relatively no frills model .

th7Q3V2Q0U.thumb.jpg.6e14d975cbfe833382a409dc33e36d3b.jpg

I'll bear all this in mind when I eventually get my Harley although I have got my heart set on a relatively no frills model .

If you're going for the 1200 make sure it's got the gusseted/new style frame. I had a '93 1200 - handling was, shall we say, "interesting"........ Brill engine, though.... At the time, there was a bloke in Honeybourne putting them in Rob North Featherbed style frames.... very nice.

If you're going for the 1200 make sure it's got the gusseted/new style frame. I had a '93 1200 - handling was, shall we say, "interesting"........ Brill engine, though.... At the time, there was a bloke in Honeybourne putting them in Rob North Featherbed style frames.... very nice.

I'm getting a 2004 - 2006 XL1200 R when I eventually sell the GSXR and when the right Harley comes along. I've had a glimmer of hope on the GSXR sale front so fingers crossed . It's very frustrating because I'm no further forward and a year has gone by .

Thats like putting champagne in a Lambrini girl. :lol:

That is one of the funniest things I’ve read on here :thumb: .

I don’t think putting super unleaded in most hikes does much to be honest, bikes don’t tend to be able advance/retard their ignition like cars so are usually fine on 95, saying that I still usually put V Power in the Panigale mainly because it’s cleaner plus you don’t want to put lambrini in a champagne girl :lol: .