Odd salute?

Pbassred

are you sure they are waving, and not just shaking their legs because they didn't stop to have a proper slash, just had a google out of curiosity, and you can get a type of urinal with a tube that goes down the leg,

It's called a catheter and piss bag but they are not usually worn out of choice.

Google Texas catheter.

I thought it would be a good idea but SWMBO thought it was disgusting and vetoed it. Would save having to be familiar with a lot of lay-by trees.

you will just have to make sure they don't take it the wrong way :lol:

I always shout the German phrase 'Fuchen vonkër' as well which I am told means good day just to make sure they understand :thumb:

are you sure they are waving, and not just shaking their legs because they didn't stop to have a proper slash, just had a google out of curiosity, and you can get a type of urinal with a tube that goes down the leg,

It's called a catheter and piss bag but they are not usually worn out of choice.

Google Texas catheter.

I thought it would be a good idea but SWMBO thought it was disgusting and vetoed it. Would save having to be familiar with a lot of lay-by trees.

Over here they’re called a ‘Conveen’

When I was a student nurse patients would request that I was the one to do their conveen because they would stay on for longer without leaking. Medical people have a dark sense of humour and can be merciless.... this is not something you want a reputation for being good at :oops: :lol:

I can't even do it !

thats OUTRAGEOUS! i would die of laughter if i sor VDub owners try this out 😂

My mate who had a VW Camper used to do it . I never saw exactly what he did because I was probably looking to see what we were about to crash into .

😂😂😂😂😂

I use differing "salutes" depending on the situation.

Bike heading towards me, nod of the head.

Bike passing me on the right, right leg dangle.

Me passing a bike,left hand wave.

What I have noticed is no one waves, nods or anything when I'm on the scoot :(

I use differing "salutes" depending on the situation.

Bike heading towards me, nod of the head.

Bike passing me on the right, right leg dangle.

Me passing a bike,left hand wave.

Same here, except that I'd do a left leg dangle for a left pass too.

Also, if more than 2 bikes head towards and past me I'll right leg dangle as opposed to nod like the Churchill dog.

And I'll return a scooter nod but not likely initiate - lots of them are just getting to work the only way they can are aren't interested, I assume.

Does anyone else get really annoyed when your nod is not returned/acknowledged?

Nah - they could be watching the road or the car in front or their satnav etc - I've done it before.

I sometimes turn my head at the other biker inviting a nod, then return it.

All this stuff they don't teach you on your das huh

Does anyone else get really annoyed when your nod is not returned/acknowledged?

Nah - they could be watching the road or the car in front or their satnav etc - I've done it before.

I sometimes turn my head at the other biker inviting a nod, then return it.

All this stuff they don't teach you on your das huh

I know. I always think, why is this POS not nodding back!? Then I think, yea he probably didn't notice. And then when the next one doesn't nod back, I go through exactly the same process! :lol:

If you nodded at every bike on the approaches to Matlock on a sunny Sunday your bloody head would fall off . On the other hand , if you saw another bike in Glen Torridon for example,you would nod or wave in order to acknowledge the shared sense of adventure . Obviously if you spotted cylinders sticking out either side and fridges bolted on the back you wouldn't expect a response but it's still nice to wave at them just to make them more miserable. 😆

If you nodded at every bike on the approaches to Matlock on a sunny Sunday your bloody head would fall off . On the other hand , if you saw another bike in Glen Torridon for example,you would nod or wave in order to acknowledge the shared sense of adventure . Obviously if you spotted cylinders sticking out either side and fridges bolted on the back you wouldn't expect a response but it's still nice to wave at them just to make them more miserable. 😆

You mean you wouldn't nod to a Douglas riding motorcycling ice-cream seller? Churlish.

Nodded at a guy on a KTM trailie tonight, he just glared back at me, haha.

That's because absolutely nobody nods to KTM riders so it drums it out of you to respond, eventually you give up. Other riders see orange and switch off, when I rode a green kawasaki everybody nodded.

I'm not that bothered mind :thumb:

the only other drivers who wave at each other is motorhome owners

You've never driven a Morgan then. We had one for a weekend and the convention seems to be to drive with the roof down and wave with your arm extended up well above the windscreen line

In the Hebrides you raise one finger from the steering wheel or handle bars as a gesture of thanks when someone has given way to you on a single track road with passing places .

That's the mrs' job to say thanks, I am told to keep both hands on the bars and concentrate.